Trek Manual

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by jaygibson77, May 29, 2013.

1. jaygibson77

jaygibson77 Lieutenant Red Shirt

On the original series board there's been discussions about the old technical manuals, and should they be revised. I loved those old manuals. They were a lot of fun.

Question: What about a technical / officer's manual for the new movies? Would anyone buy one? What should it contain?

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd base it roughly on FASA's TNG Officer's Manual, which had a little bit of everything - ship schematics for vearious classres, specifications, deck plans, equipment diagrams. uniforms, character and planet profiles and a timeline.

Ship classes:
    DY-100
    Declaration-class (the Ringship Enterprise)
    NX-class
    Einstein-class (USS Kelvin, class name from Federation: The First 150 Years)
    Armstrong-type
    Mayflower-type
    Newton-type
    Constitution-class
    Vengeance-class
    Starbase One (detailed pics in Star Trek: The Art of the Movie. The central strucure is very cool close up)
    Kelvin shuttle
    Kelvin medical shuttle
    Military transport shuttle
    Personnel shuttle
    Into Darkness shuttle

There is a Franz Joseph-style floorplan of the new Enterprise seen briefly in Into Darkness, when they're initially scanned by the Vengeance. I'd love to see it. If anyone's got a good pic of it, please post it!

Cutaways of the Kelvin-type exist in the form of ILM's CG models. We see a torn Kelvin-type saucer in the debris over Vulcan, and part of the interior of the engineering hull is shown in Star Trek: The Art of the Movie.

The timeline would go from the Roswell Incident to the Eugenics Wars through to First Contact through to Enterprise through the two new movies.

Deck plans of the bridge deck, engineering (which was recreated in CG for the Into Darkness "roly-poly" sequence), the warp core, medical bay, transporter room, shuttlebay and huge crew quarters section from the videogame.

Equipment including hand phasers, phaser rifles, communicators, photon torpedoes.

Uniforms including ENT, Kelvin, academy cadet, academy instructor, nuTOS, new dress uniforms etc.

Character profiles on the main characters, as well as Admiral Marcus, Harrison/Khan, Spock Prime and Science Officer 0718.

Hey, I can dream... :)

3. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

i'd be very interested in a reading reboot enterprise manual, if done right it will be fantastic...

4. jaygibson77

I LOVE this. I didn't even think of going this route.

Are there any deck plans or diagrams -- either fan made or official?

5. F. King Daniel

6. jaygibson77

It'd be great if there were more of these.

7. Mr. B

Mr. B Vice Admiral Admiral

It would be pretty torturous trying to fit a brewery and that huge shuttle bay into the secondary hull. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

8. F. King Daniel

^They fit just fine in there. This Enterprise is 725m long, the classic movie one was only 305m.

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In that scene with Kirk, Spock and Marcus Sr. at Fleet HQ...did I see a map in the background at a couple of points?

10. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Starship Size Arguments this way, please.

11. ROBE

ROBE Commander Red Shirt

Provided the information is correct, it is amazing the amount of official stuff gets the ranks and rates wrong re WOK.

12. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Let's hope some book publishers get wind of this idea.

13. F. King Daniel

14. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain