Problem with Seekers book 2????

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Mage, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, I'm nearing the end, and was looking at how many pages I still have left.....

My copy ends right at the beginning of chapter 32, page 326. Literally ends. The last word on the page is the start of a new sentence, the word 'Now'. There's nothing after that, no period or anything!

Does anyone else have this?

2. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My copy ends on page 351, after a complete sentence that ends (strangely enough) with the word "now." The 33rd chapter is the last, followed by the acknowlegements page and writer blurbs.

Did you even get the subscription ads for Asmov's or Analog?

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Sounds like you have a faulty copy. With so many pages missing, the little spine pic of the ship must overlap onto the front or back cover.

4. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nope, didn't get anything of the sort. Crap, I think Therin is right..... I'll email the online retailer I got it from.

5. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

^ Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear that happened. Hope you are able to get it replaced with a complete copy soon.

6. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I haven't started reading mine yet, but this made me check out the book to make sure it was ok.
    My copy also ends at page 351 - also ending with a sentence ending with "now". The book looks ok, but checking with Amazon says the book should have 368 pages. I take that info with a grain of salt, but can anyone confirm how many pages the book is supposed to have?

7. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

The sentence that ends with "right about now." is the end of the narrative, though it sounds as if the acknowledgments and about the author page might be missing.

8. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Shitty deal dude :( . I checked my copy, and it has the whole story. Good luck in getting a replacement..

9. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I have the acknowledgements and the author page, and a couple of pages of ads. So I guess my copy is complete. I'm guessing the Amazon page count listing is wrong?
    Thanks for the help :)

10. Ben

Ben Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My copy ended with the line "I can't believe the killer was you, my best friend, all along! The person I'd least suspect!!"

11. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Amazon page count includes the author page, acknowledgements, and the ads.