Seven Of Nine/Jeri Ryan Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Jetfire, Jul 16, 2011.

1. starlitegirl

starlitegirl Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Exactly! This is why I don't understand any hate people have for her. I get that she was eye candy. She is gorgeous! But her character was amazing. She was fascinating and she brought a whole new species to the Trek series. A Borg having to become human because they were assimilated pre-puberty? That is such an awesome concept and they really did a great job with it.

I was a fan of Kes. I loved her abilities! But I think that once Seven came onto the series it kicked it up past awesome for me. It was great before Seven, but after Seven, it was phenomenal!

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Good to see she's resisted the botox...

3. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

4. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

There's some out there. I don't have links but I know I've seen it. (It's pretty hard to forget. ;))

5. Ninjacore

Ninjacore Commander

7 of 9 is way hotter than Janeway, tho T'pol is hotter than 7 of 9.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  6. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I've had to remove the link since it's hot linked. Please review the board rules - hot linking is not allowed and can result in an official warning.

7. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmmmm.

How about someone else's appreciation of Seven? (Don't watch, kimc, it will just drive you crazy. ;) )

Voyager: End Game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP3jYAFYSNY

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP3jYAFYSNY[/yt]

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

9. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    She kicks ass
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYIundbuKa0[/yt]

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    That is a great vid. :) I actually enjoyed Boston Public. I haven't checked out 'Body Of Proof' yet. I am a bad Jeri Ryan fan. :lol: :sigh:

11. Spalko

Spalko Commander Red Shirt

Quoted for truth.

I never liked Voyager back when it was first aired. I was TNG fan by then and I didn't enjoy Voyager as I did with TNG. I remember watching it until Scorpions and then I didn't see anymore episodes... until a few months ago that my guy started watching it again (you know, to watch something and not get bored) I ignored it but, as a fan of The Borg that I'm, I sat down to watch Scorpions again and I thought that it was nice but, in a couple of days I saw The Gift and, in the final scene where you can see Seven in her silver biosuit and she turns around to say "Red" to Janeway... there she got me and I knew that I need to watch all her episodes.

I adore Janeway, but I started to like her through Seven and the way she improved thanks to their relationship.

There is still a lot of hate against Seven (right this morning I read the nice nickname someone gave her: Borg bitch) and I still do not know why, after several years people do not accept that she was a terrific character that improved a show with bad scripts and dull characters (Why did the writers did that? It was a waste of good characters)

Yes, like you all said, she was brought by the look, and I won't deny that she looked amazing :drool: but she brought good scripts, plots... and showed us that behind that beauty, there was a good actress and a very interesting and deep character.

I still find 7 of 9 hotter than T'pol. I see T'pol and I do not feel anything.

My rank:

7 of 9 - Janeway -T'pol

and by hotter I mean not only the looks but the personality too.

I have watched a couple of episodes but, psss, those series do not catch my attention. I'm a bad fan too. ;)

12. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

Congrats on getting your thread off to a good start, Jetfire. I really like the way you organized the opening post. We should do something like that when we start up the second Janeway thread.

Anyway, here's one of my favorite pictures of Seven, in her proper uniform, which I really like. Also, bonus Janeway.

[​IMG]

13. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    Part of it might be the "why" of the character came on the show - this was the thing hardest for me to get over (and while I mostly am, if I think about it too hard I get a bit mad,) and I think another is 'shipping :)

J/Cers have a tendency to be hostile to Seven, J/7ers have a tendency to be hostile to Chakotay, and C/7ers tend to be hostile to Janeway. It's not exactly true across the board, of course, but that's how it seems. Ah, the Love Triangle. :lol:

Whatever character is the third wheel in the 'ship is considered competition and needs to be eliminated.

14. Spalko

I'm J/7 fan and I do not bash Chakotay :P

Yes, I never understood all these hostilities between fans. Oh, the third wheel in my head is The doctor, so it's a happy trio ;)

15. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    And I don't bash Seven :) It's not a given, of course, just something that seems to happen a lot!

And that is a happy trio. ;)

16. Gov Kodos

one of my favorite images, so very cute.
    [​IMG]

17. Spalko

I want that doll... ;)

My favourite pic of Seven. Looks beautiful, serene, and she is wearing the blue biosuit that makes her look ever more breathtaking.

[​IMG]

18. Gov Kodos

Mad double posting!

19. Gov Kodos

Yes, the blue is lovely, as is the blue and grey suit she looks wonderful

[​IMG]

That is a fantastic photo. I'd love to find a color version of this, the comfy slippers.
    [​IMG]

20. Gov Kodos

That is a fantastic photo. I'd love to find a color version of this, the comfy slippers.
    [​IMG]