Enterprise theme song switch

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by BlackFire3, Jun 20, 2013.

1. BlackFire3

BlackFire3 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Everyone has an opinion on this series wether it's the ship design, plot points, or the fact they named the ship "Enterprise".

I was wondering if anyone else would think if the series intro and outro would've been better if they swapped the songs. So instead having the instrumental music playing during the intro and having the vocals playing on the end credits.

Thoughts?

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Apparently I'm in the minority here, but I never minded the Faith of the Heart theme. It seemed to capture the essence of man making that first plunge into deep space exploration well enough. Regardless if you like it or not, who cares? Can anyone honestly say they do or don't watch a show because of the theme song during the credits? There's plenty to be critical of regarding this show than the theme that no one watched beyond the first few times anyways.

3. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I also didn't mind the theme song, I don't watch or not watch shows because of a theme song/tune. The only wrong step I would say they made was changing it for S3-4.

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love the song. So there.

5. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

I don't like "Faith of the Heart" much, but the end-credits theme is fine. It fits the show and the characters.

--Sran

6. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The song is fine, but I don't think it fits what was supposed to be an epic space adventure show.

I think it might have been cool to adapt the TAS theme. ;)

7. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Not a fan of "Faith of the Heart", I would have preferred an instrumental for the opening credits. If it were to be the end credit music, though, it would need to be punched up a bit.

8. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

I hated the song. It was too much like "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century."

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Of course far worse than the song was the virtual lack of anything but American achievements, but that has been discussed before.

10. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I never really felt strongly either way about the theme song. Besides when I rewatch episodes on DVD now, I fast forward over the intro. OK it was the square peg as far as theme songs go, but it wasn't a horrible song. If they took the same melody and made it an instrumental, I bet no one would have minded.

11. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

I liked the theme straight out of the box and still play it to this day. I played it at the party for our 25th anniversary (11 years ago) because it fit the occasion so well.

12. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I loved the theme, I do prefer the slower first one to the more pop oriented second.

13. teacake

What they should have switched is having the faster one for seasons 1 and 2 and the slower one for seasons 3 and 4.

In season 5 they dump it and have Russel Watson singing Beyond Antares to a rock beat.

14. Vulcan Logician

Vulcan Logician Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The outro music had lyrics... sung by Mayweather.

15. REDrake

REDrake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I love that song.
    A year ago I also had it as a theme at my wedding.

Try and top that!:techman:

16. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hated it at first because it kept reminding me of Patch Adams.

It's kind of grown on me though.

Too bad the series didn't live up to what the intro promised.

17. Mario de Monti

Mario de Monti Captain Captain

Yep, me too. I cringe everytime the jazzed-up version starts playing :eek:

18. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just judging it as a song, the opening theme is a good song. I think it's great for wedding anniversaries as others have mentioned, or possibly even a music video in honor of the show, but I definitely would have preferred the instrumental "Archer's Theme" as the show's main opening theme. I put together this version which works better for me, but I acknowledge that I am but one man and I know others disagree:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8S0cC4jn-M[/yt]

19. Assimilated Tom

Assimilated Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

This is, of course, highly subjective, but I find "Archer's Theme" entirely too slow and ponderous for a Star Trek introduction.

The theme of Enterprise, and particularly its title sequence, was, "FUCK YEAH! WE MADE IT OUT INTO SPACE!!!" That requires a song with major chords and crescendos.

The mirror universe episodes goes this right, since the theme of that title sequence was "FUCK YEAH, WE MADE IT OUT INTO SPACE AND WE'RE GONNA KICK YOUR ALIEN ASSES!"

"Faith of the Heart" had some triumphant crescendos, but starts off very weakly --- so much so, that the first time I saw it, I thought it was a telephone commercial and started leaving the room to get a drink. I would have preferred a more traditional score: something like an arrangement of the First Contact theme with more umph.

20. teacake

Totally agree. They wanted that feeling and they delivered IMO.