NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by havoc92, Jan 18, 2010.

1. havoc92

havoc92 Commander Red Shirt

Here's the latest. Think I'm done for the day; but, happy with the progress.

[​IMG]

Biggest problem I've run into on the Bridge of late is just the odd angles on the consoles. Building the plugins flat and rotating them into place for now. ;)

2. havoc92

[​IMG]

Spent most of the day chasing down proper placement of the buttons and coloration. Some of it is
    guesswork (color); but, mostly happy with it. Have to build the viewer now and fix color on the rocker
    switches, then this set of panels will be ready to install. Still got a long way to go, as usual; but,
    ready to write a book on the process I think lol.

3. havoc92

Decided to go ahead and mount the panel minus the viewer. Very happy.

[​IMG]

4. havoc92

And before bed, one last little touch:
    [​IMG]

Did it with Engineering; so...

5. havoc92

Another day, another station started.

[​IMG]

6. havoc92

Still plowing through. Been mostly digging through data on props from the trek auctions today. Got some actual
    dimensions rather than estimated ones for the mid level displays. Here's the problem I'm having at the moment..

[​IMG]

I was going by the Micmasters plans for the consoles and found a few problems with the engineering console when I
    started putting the colors to the buttons. Turns out, he didn't just screw up one button. The Engineering subsystem
    checkout station is the one I'm working on at the moment. Yeah, no idea either; but,.. Its the one in my earlier images
    that has the overhead showing "condition alert". Anyway, you can see the glaring difference between what Mcmasters
    apparently made up vs..

[​IMG]

.. this ultimately is what I'm going with. Working the color chart now to get the buttons colored up; but, this should be
    done. Had the panel set into the console figuring I was good earlier and went shopping the colors and totally redid the
    layout. A tad ticked; but, might actually have to write my own reference series for this bucket.

7. havoc92

Ok, another batch of buttons in place and colored. Time to get some shut-eye

[​IMG]

8. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

9. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second image hasn't got the lighting of the first; but, the lighting needs toned down and balanced more for sure anyway. Really got a lot of work
    to do on this area; but, I have 4 consoles done at this point. You can see that the mid level display geometry has been put in now as well as the access
    panels down below. Gonna have to do some tweaking on the grills for those panels; but, happy with how they came out. Just have a basic
    transparent material on them for now. Still working; but, wanted to get this posted up.

One more to show the detail a tad better.
    [​IMG]

10. havoc92

Thank you. That first image kinda gave me pause. It's the first time I've seen my name and Franz Joseph's attached like that. Rather humbling and very much appreciated.

11. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm glad that you enjoyed it are you familiar with the any of the Anatomy of the Ship Books? that is what I based the cover and back cover on.

12. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

havoc92, have you inquired about rights to publish this as some sort of tech manual? If not, then you should definitely consider publishing this in some sort of format, this is too good a project and you’ve worked too hard not to see some kind of official recognition, not to mention monetary results! I bet this would sell big time and put all those other pseudo-tech manuals to shame (like the Haynes book :devil:)? I for one would definitely buy the final product in whatever form it takes.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  13. havoc92

Ok, the communications station is the next finished piece.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one wasn't the bear the first few were, thankfully.

14. havoc92

No. I don't think I've seen any of that series. But I love what you did ;)

15. havoc92

Haven't as yet. There have been so many ideas and I just still feel like until it's actually done, it's all premature. That said, I'm very much considering a manual of sorts to correct the errors in the McMasters plans, and maybe update that with color refs. I'd thought honestly about getting the Haynes book and everything I heard is that it falls far short of expectations; so, maybe something meeting expectations is in order.. finally.

16. havoc92

Here's the current workup on Spock's Library computer station:

[​IMG]

Pretty tired; so, I wanted to post an update before I woke up with key imprints on my forehead.
    The base geometry for what remains is in. Lots of work to get this one together and get it right.
    Just have a few extrusions to make and then I can start tweaking and adding the last of the
    buttons and switches.

17. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice going :techman:

Pretty neat seeing the various details that went into that bridge.

18. havoc92

Ok, still workin it to be sure; but, here's the latest on Spock's duty station. really comin together ;)

[​IMG]

19. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spock's station is now completed save for textures of course; but, it's so poly rich that it had to be cut in half to be exported.
    Glad this is the high-res stuff. If it was low res I'd be really worried. Anyway, two stations left to complete, then on to the
    Nav console and captain's chair.

20. havoc92

Ain't been sleepin on the job, nope.. ;) Had to watch through a season and a half of episodes to get the button colors for this console and some of them are iffy, so still looking.
    One left and got the same problem with it; so, may be another day or two before it's done. We'll see.

[​IMG]