(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Perez has his way this will be their attacking lineup next season.

----Raul---Villa---CR7

---Kaka---Gago---Ribery

The defense will be totally fucked.

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I hope he would choose L.Diarra over Gago who couldn't tackle his way out of a paper bag. However I Agree he will go for flair over what he really needs and REAL will lose more games next year than they did this season.

At least Snejider can come to the PL, loved him at EURO 2008.

3. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Luca Toni is a lazy, overestimated, diving cunt. There have to be a hundred better strikers in Italy than him. It was almost comical last season, when the German referees finally realised that it is never a foul when he tumbles to the ground and he still kept diving over and over again. :lol:

4. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Toni's no spring chicken either. Inzaghi can seemingly be relied upon to wake up in the spring and score a ton of goals, so I don't see why they'd need him. Adebayor has been linked from this end, but I don't know if there's been genuine interest from Italy. The Gooners might know better, but I've never rated him.

Milan could do with some younger players - people like Ambrosini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Nesta, Jankulovski and Zambrotta aren't going to last forever, though they are still very good players. I see they've signed Thiago Silva, who seems like a promising defender, and given that Favalli played alongside Maldini in quite a few games towards the end of the season, a needed signing. They could probably do with a goalkeeper and some pacy wing-backs too.

It will be interesting to see how Leonardo does as manager. I've always liked Milan, and want to see them do well.

On the other hand, they've got themselves a good manager, so if he's left to his own devices, they could do well. But I suspect there's little chance of that.

And please cut this "CR7" crap. It makes me want to vomit. Besides, he won't be number seven at Madrid, unless he steals the shirt off Raul's back.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

6. Roger Wilco

Well, at least all that drama is over now...

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

£136m in less than a week, though. I wouldn't want to be Madrid's accountant right about now.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

The KAKA and Ronaldo deal have just set a bad standard for football shit players will be worth £20 million now and the best will be worth 40-60 million. Not too mention anyone that REAL MADRID buy they are going to be charged 10% more than normal minimum as will UTD since they are being given 80 million on top of what am sure is a 30-40 million annaul transfer budget before hand.

So who does Fergie buy now ???

I think this means Rooney might now be played in his best postion instead of covering Ronaldo's ass on the wing. Benzema is a def now too but to replace Ronaldo who knows thats alot of goals and unless Fergie going to get Messi he's in trouble IMO sell Berbatov too at a lost and buy 2 of the following Villa,Tevez aor Benzema with Welbeck as 4th choice. Then buy Ribery and Snejider and sell Nani. Time to re-invent Utd as I do think despite 3 PL's in a row and two CL finals they were looking a little stale towards the end of the season.

oh well Glazers will be happy

9. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

If I was Ferguson, I'd talk Madrid in to sending Sneijder their way as part of the deal. Madrid are going to be selling a lot of quality players cheap to balance the books.

No way in a billion years does Messi leave Barcelona. The sort of money it would take to move him is money only Manchester City can spend and he won't go there.

10. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Hilarious stuff. Of course Madrid's spending is absurd and shows all that is wrong with the modern game, but I can't help but laugh.

I don't have to see the greasy, preening, cheating prick on a weekly basis any more, and the Mancs will struggle to replace him. Happy days.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I think its safe to say Valencia and Benzema are going to become Utd Players now though I have major doubts over the French Kid. I think Ribery is a must to replace world class with world class ability. However I agree Man Utd could lower the fee down to £70 million if they chuck in Snejider too who has no future at REAL despite what he may think and he is a top top player...more of a natural winger in ways than Ronaldo allowing Rooney to stay upfront like he does for England.

Also with 3 wingers in the mold of Snejider, Valenica and Ribery they could also sell that waste of space Nani maybe put him n the deal to get Ribery off Bayern, am sure Bayern would accept around £25 mllion + Nani who would probably be good in Germany.

Foster/Van De Sar

Rafael, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, O'Shea, Fabio, Evra

Snejider, Valenica, Ribery, Giggs, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Anderson, Hargreaves

Rooney, Benzema, Berbatov, Welbeck

not a bad team ey ;) though still can't believe he wants to sell Campbell & especially Gibson who have bags of potential.

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just came across this peach of a quote from the Sky Sports comments page...

:lol::lol::lol:

Love it.

13. Roger Wilco

Apparently Bayern rejected a €50 million offer for Ribery from Real.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Reports say Bayern want £40 million dunno what that is in €'s but Nani at least is worth 10 million in the current climate so Maybe him + 30 million would do it. Personally I wouldn't go above £35 million and a player like Nani cause thats a £45 milion deal could also have a 5% sell on clause or something as well.

15. Roger Wilco

I don't know. I don't think Ribery is worth that much anyway, although I do believe he could strengthen any club in the world.

16. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Where's Platini, bemoaning how buys like this are ruining football? Oh yes that's right - it's a Spanish club, so it's okay.

United would be mugs to turn that down and frankly he's only played well since CL final 2008 to keep his price up he's been shit most of last season. £80m will buy some solid replacements - Sneijder, Ribery, Valencia = good. Benzema = no. Don't get why everyone loves him so much. They could even afford to keep Tevez now if they wanted to

17. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

If they get rid of Tevez now, I'd be questioning Sir Alex's sanity.

18. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If it makes you feel any better I only call him CR7 out of respect for the real Ronaldo. Maybe I should just start calling him CRap then. :)

Real's spending is funded by the Spanish taxpayers so they can get a easy bailout down the road. I think Perez has a 250 million Euro transfer kitty this summer so he is definitely not done yet.

Without Ronaldo I don't think United can win the Premier league next season and I don't think it matters who the replacements are.

19. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

They could just give a little extra half a million to me. I think I will write them a letter.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Am not sure about Tevez anymore because while hes a great player with the loss of Ronaldo they need goals. Rooney played properly can do that but I think for now 15 PL goals and 20 a season is what your going to get out of him until he hits his main peak. Tevez will never utscore Roney he's just not that good, his record for Argentina alone is pretty poor to be generous.

However I have major doubts if Benzema can cut it in the PL because France domestic league compared to PL is a joke and when he was given a real test in EURO 2008 he flopped. He has never lit up the CL either but the counter argurment would be Utd are a better team so more goals would come from him...

David Villa would be the best buy but he will most likely stay in Spain because apparantly spanish footballers die without the sun. Samuel Eto has a breath taking goal record for Barca but I doubt he would leave after they won the CL though if Barca do want Villa then Eto would probably be the one to go unless he switches into Henry's position (not his best way to play if he did). The only ther choice is Hunterlarr from REAL who has never settled.

bottom line its fucking hard to find a decent 20 goals+ striker these days and Fergie should not haved pissed around with Torres 2 years ago and let Liverpool sign him.