Can TOS be appreciated by younger viewers?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Plomeek Broth, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I remember seeing a bit of TOS before any of the new series when my Dad would watch it, and I used to like it. I eventually got into Star Trek as a franchise around when TNG ended in 96 in the UK. TNG started up again from season one, VOY was just starting up, and DS9 and TOS were also being shown. I watched everything back then when I was around 12.

These days, approaching 30, I'm a bit weird with TOS. I'll quite happily sit and watch the good stuff over and over again, but the bad stuff really turns me off. Of the DVDs I have, season one has had the most use, season two has had some, whereas season three hardly had any. Probably not that surprising. ;)

Anyway, perhaps it's nostalgia as I grew up with TNG/DS9/VOY closer to the time they actually aired, but I can sit and watch bad episodes of those series, whereas not with TOS.

2. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Happy to hear TOS is still working its magic. Hope you continue to enjoy it :techman:

3. Runetouch

Runetouch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks. It is indeed an awesome franchise, and I really love TOS and the TOS films as well. TNG and DS9 were great as well(finished TNG in December, and currently watching DS9)