Gender choice survey

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by sbk1234, Aug 5, 2012.

?

How does your primary character match up with your real gender?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2012.
  1. I'm male with a male character.

41.0%
  2. I'm male with a female character.

41.0%
  3. I'm female with a male character.

2.6%
  4. I'm female with a female character.

15.4%
  1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

My female character currently looks like Beverly Crusher in TNG season 1 uniform. The sight of a female doctor in uniform has men running away. She used to wear a skirt and did get a few PMs.

Therefore, my theory is that the amount of harassment is proportional to the amount of skin visible. The standard Starfleet uniform (jacket and pants) is a good turn off for men. Slap on a skirt and men crawl out of the woodwork.

2. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

That could explain why (so far) my female Caitian hasn't had any problems so far: very alien race, standard uniform, and purposely de-emphasized T & A.

I wonder, though...I don't have any more character slots to find out, but is it possible to play a shirtless Orion male on the KDF side? If so, does such a character get PM's or harassment from anybody? Or is the problem only confined to women?

I haven't written it into his bio yet, but my KDF toon even makes a point of disallowing any "battle-inappropriate" costumes for men and women aboard his ship. My response to the fact that such skimpy costumes are allowed in the game. Krantak's rule is basically: if it doesn't provide adequate coverage should your shields drop in combat, it's not allowed. No exceptions. Fighting stupid because you felt a need to show off is dishonorable in his book.

3. Romulus Prime

Romulus Prime Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've had very few instances in both STO and Champions. Worst thing that ever happened was some jackass Fed who was PMing me and another fem (looking) player "hey sexy. wan2 come see my bridge".

He was doing this while we were in the middle of a PvP ground match. The middle of a damn fight!

What a MORON.

Fine if you want to pretend you're picking up on a real chick on ESD or Drozana, or Sirius sector space, but don't ever fuck with my PvP. Seriously, Fed players like that gave me so much inspiration to switch to and build up my Klingon side characters.

:klingon:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  4. Blamo

Blamo Commodore Commodore

Yup. That, plus comments in zone chat about actual women, make me think that more then a few male nerds have some serious issues with the opposite sex.

5. Nerys Ghemor

Yeah, the zone chat can get pretty disgusting sometimes, depending on where you are. Drozana's just pure disgusting, but DS9 (ground, space, AND even the Beta Ursae sector) draws the "intellectual disgusting" crowd, and you get political mudslinging mixed in with the more infantile insults. DS9 is either reasonable, logical discussion, or stupid Gorn jokes, or flaming. It's like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get.

I can definitely attest to seeing misogynistic and racist comments, as well as other sorts of ideological bigotry.

6. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

That's because, nerds I know don't have much success with the opposite sex (or even same sex, in some instances)

7. SimpleLogic

SimpleLogic Guest

I always choose a male for my main hero character so I can be a dork and pretends its me being all heroic and such.

8. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have male, female, and alien toons lol

Alexander - Joined Trill male
    Kara - Unjoined Trill female
    K'thar - Caitain male
    M'rissa - Caitain female

So i'm pretty much 50/50 when it comes to gender, or 100% non-human if you want to add species specific to your question lol

M

9. Mars

Mars Commander Red Shirt

Women don't dig science fiction as much, they prefer the soppy romances.

10. The Castellan

Some do, but the onese by me that do often look like Meg Griffon or Harold from the Red Green show indrag (which he did once, and that looked terrifying) :ack:

Most women in my area are more into reality TV based crap than anything else.:shrug:

Anyhow, I am planning on making a male character in the future based on a Red Dwarf character. Going to have fun with that. :D

11. Nerys Ghemor

I sure hope you're not implying that all of the women on this board are ugly... :p

12. The Castellan

I said by me, as in Michigan, the toilet of the Midwest, which is the rear end of the country.

13. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always go for female options in RPGs and MMOs, just cause. I have a Whedonesque thing for creating kickass lady characters.

But, with the char limit and all, I'm 50-50 on gender.

Main - Female Trill (unjoined)
    Alt - Male Hoo-man

You never know what you're Gorn to get.

I couldn't resist. Forgive me.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  14. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

I'm a dude, and I always play female characters if given the choice, so naturally that's what I did in this game, too. Starfleet character is an Andorian, and KDF is a random alien. Starfleet bridge crew is all-female as well, mostly Andorian, while KDF is mixed because Gorn and Nausicans are what I keep getting.

Never been hit on in this game, or any. Of course, I tend to stay away from the public chat, so I wouldn't notice it if it ever happened. And I think my 7-ft rail-thin Oompa Loompa lady would stand out in the Klingon Academy.

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've only dabbled in STO but I've played WoW since B.C. era. I've always played female non-pretty characters, ie orcs, not blood elfs. I have never even once in years of playing been hit on in game and I assume that's because of the race chosen.

16. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I almost always have females in RPGs, as if I am going to be looking at the backside of some person for hours on end, I rather it be a nice enough looking girl then some guy. At least on the first run though.