The Tomorrow People

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 10, 2013.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, lots of big developments. This was a great episode. I was not expecting Marla (Stephen's mother) to actually be one of the Tomorrow People. I figured she might know about them but I didn't actually expect her to be one. Hopefully she won't be evil. The only other major two roles I've seen Clark play in 24 and Covert Affairs both turned out to be villainous traitors, so at this point that is where my mind goes any time I see her.
    Glad to see Serinda Swan coming in as a recurring character, I really liked her on both Breakout Kings and Graceland.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I had a feeling Stephen's mom had powers for a while now... so I'm glad I was right. ;) Another good ep this week, I've really been enjoying this show.

3. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great EP. Marla is a TP. :D

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I've quit. Without actually being bad, it's all so...

Maybe it's me. I've stopped watching almost all of the sci-fi ish shows on TV. They just aren't griping me. I think I've seen too many.

I could do with something NOT set on Earth.

5. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The finale was okay. I doubt the show will be back. Don't know how TTP could just "hang out" at Ultra without no one(government who funded it) being concerned. The whole thing with Jedikiah and John and essentially building another secret agency where TTP will probably be used and abused is just boring. I hope to see Peyton List on another show soon if this show doesn't continue.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I should have shot this show in the face after the pilot.

If there's a season 2, or god forbid a spin-off, it's my fault and I apologize.

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

That finale was over the top but I grew to like the show. I hope it comes back but I'm not sure I like the direction they're taking. A few steps forward for Jedikiah, then it's back to old Jedikiah with a new sinister plan out of nowhere.

8. Bashir Trikona

Bashir Trikona Lieutenant Junior Grade

For some reason i thought it will be about the Forever People from DC comics.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really the whole season, and thought it got better as it went on. Although it was a little disapointing that they appeared to be turning Jedikiah evil again at the end.
    But none of this really matters anymore since they canceled the show.

10. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just read last night that it was canceled. :(

11. Guy Gardener

If you want more there's more, you just need to go back in time to the 1970s to get it.

(And the 1990s)

Just because Jeddikiah is a time travelling alien shape shifting robot, it doesn't mean that TOS was supercamp.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They do have the original series for sale on Amazon's streaming service. I'm hoping to get eventually so I can compare it to new series. From what I read it sounds like they are two very, very different shows.

13. Guy Gardener

It's made for ten year olds in the 70s.

Don't expect a lot, and there's this blond girl in the first season you want to slap through the monitor hard.

She like a less pretty version of Jo Grant from Doctor Who, on a big bag of refined sugar.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize it was a kid show. I figured it was a teen/young adult show along the same lines as the version the thread is for. I still want to see, but at least now I have a better idea what to expect.