Twilight actress Cheating Scandal: Together again!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by chardman, Sep 19, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

As has been famously said by a bunch of folks, gay couples should marry so they can suffer like the rest of us.

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I thought the main reason people get married these days is for the tax breaks?

3. teacake

It's status. You take a step into mature, grown up land when you are married. Outside of that everyone secretly thinks you are a loser after a certain age.

That pressure is always there for a lot of people, subtle but ever present.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But as soon as its legalized, for every homo you got out their buying rings and looking for someone special, you have three more exacting countermeasures and squireling away for a panic room.

5. Guy Gardener

The government "gives" the family next door to you 10 grand a year because they have sex differently to you... And if that's the only difference, same job, same number of dependants same area code, the same everything except that your wife is a man... It's a serious issue.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Nothing wrong with being single, as long as there are lots of sex involved with unmarried people.

7. teacake

And if there isn't lots of sex are you suggesting that getting married fixes it?

As in, if you're getting lots you don't need marriage but if it's sparse times you better get hitched?

8. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

The arguments about top and bottom are more bitter.

9. Guy Gardener

Stop tap dancing.

Marriage is giving up and Divorce is the active defibrillator paddles on your nipples you need to reprise your definition of dead and buried.

10. teacake

And the second marriage is..?

11. Guy Gardener

The defibrillators are primed much lower because fool me twice.

12. teacake

That must be why Elizabeth Taylor had such a glow.

13. Guy Gardener

And double doubled for Richard Burton's second instalment.

14. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

The social pressure to always form monogamous relationships, as well as the expectation that one step away from monogamy can spell the end of your life as you knew it, can really take away the joy in life for some people. And it does not help when you have the entire world pointing the finger at you when all you wanted to do is find happiness and joy in your own way.

Now, of course, betraying a promise you've made to your closest person is not something that you should automatically get away with, but that promise is between you and them. And it should also be clear that you were forced into making that promise under pressure from the society that was telling you this is the only accepted way - which is one more reason why society needs to shut up on personal matters.

Nah, it's best to marry in a relationship where the three of you like people from the same gender, but aren't attracted to each other. Your platonic love will be based on cheating on each other as much as possible and then sharing long passionate nights of talk where you share your most intimate stories. That's true love and it works for same-sex, opposite-sex and other unions.

15. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

I'm sure a lot of people get married without any conception of what marriage actually entails. It might be lack of imagination, it might be lack of sense; whatever it is, I think that's why so many marriages fail.

16. teacake

I don't care for how it is seen as failure when it ends. Most of us have careers, hobbies, friends and beliefs that we have moved on from after a decade or two and we don't call it failure. This is the problem with making A BIG PROMISE. You cannot promise who you will be in your future or who someone else will be.

17. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'll have Kristen if no-one else wants her.

18. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

It doesn't matter what terminology you care for or not. The discussion here is about failed marriage versus salvaged marriage.

19. teacake

Now salvaged, that's interesting terminology. I'm picturing weathered, sodden goods.

You still want Kirsten lurok?

20. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Pfft. If marriage is such this awful terrible tying down thing like people are going on about that everyone should be trying to avoid ermagerd!, there should be lots of sex with married people to facilitate the end of the tyranny. It's only logical.

Really, Kristen Stewart and... um, the dude... should be applauded. Mostly Kristen though, she's the real hero.

I think you'll have to chase off Legion with a stick first. ;)