Wonderful Enterprise 1702 (Fan made) flying at future earth

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TaCoskun, Feb 24, 2013.

1. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

Hey, sojourner, ever notice that the replies of a certain particular person are irrelevant to me? :D

I'll send you some stuff over the weekend, TaCoskun. :)

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Any idea when said forum will exist so I can join? :)

3. The Castellan

I've only just thought of the idea just now, let's see what happens first, and then go from there. :)

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

ok ^_^

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

It reminds me a little of the ship from the Bryce DVD called Planetary Traveler

6. TaCoskun

TaCoskun Ensign Newbie

Cool, thanks castellan, I will check them out.

@Dick_valentine: Rofl, I like the idea of DS9 and NX-01 getting a baby. Maybe I should have called it Enterprise 1709, hehe. When I read this comment, a new animation came into my mind: NX-01 is approaching DS9, then the scene is censored and after that a baby version of my model appears. Then, in many short shots you see the ship growing up ;)... Wouldn't that be a nice scene?

7. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

wow. that took some real creative extrapolation to turn what i said into 'aliens don't exist'.

nice work everyone.

8. The Castellan

The thrust and parry of meaningful conversation is always welcome, I think.:cool:

9. TaCoskun

TaCoskun Ensign Newbie

"Overall, not a bad design. I don't think that the "spokes" look wide enough; they look a little thin for passageways, and look like they don't have much hull plating between them and the vacuum of space. I kind of like the simplicity of how the nacelles and pylons are mounted on the elliptical hull, though she looks a little small for an Enterprise, especially the later the era that she is supposed to be from."

- Yes, I will improve the bridges between the main hull and the ring in future.

10. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

I love this design, and I love, LOVE, the way you've used the ring here. I've seen ringships before, usually with some explanation related to warp geometry, but used this way *expressly* to provide more windows for crew is very neat and novel.

To everyone else: If I'm wrong and you've seen 9,000 other designs that do this, I'll be more than happy to be wrong, and I'd like to see them! :-)

11. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

I don't think the creator of something should title his own work "wonderful".

12. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a native speaker of English, Squiggy. And why not? It *is* pretty cool. What's wrong with being proud of it? :bolian:

13. The Castellan

So far it's living up to it, so it's all good. :bolian:

14. The Castellan

Did you get any of my emails yet?

15. The Castellan

16. TaCoskun

TaCoskun Ensign Newbie

Well, I called it wonderful because I honestly just love it and I am proud of it. Of course wonderful is subjective and I am of course not objective with rating my own work ;). But I would not be able to finish those animations without loving the result, right?

No, I did not get any EMails from you yet Castellan. I also checked the spam folder but there is nothing. Did I gave you the correct EMail: tayfur.coskun@gmx.de ? I checked your link and like the interior indeed. Maybe... one day ....

17. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I feel that is completely their own damned fault that once everything is revealed, those in power will only end up as the powers that were. And the real shame of it is that if they had chosen not to be so selfish, they could have ushered in a new age for humanity, and forever have been immortalized in history.
    Now, they are probably going to be remembered by our descendents with loathing. If I were in their position, I would probably just end this ridiculous game started decades ago, and work with the rest of humanity to so that the knowledge of alien life can be used to benefit all to it’s fullest extent, and pray that this will lessen the consequences for hiding their not-so-little-secret.

Thanks, but I just simply see this as logical. I believe that I had every right to type what I did before, protected by the United States Bill of Rights, without fear of reprisal, because there was nothing wrong with what I typed. And yes, I realize how nice it must be to have someone on this forum who has an especially alike mind.
    To be honest, some of the rumors I’ve read about our visitors has made me scared and suspicious of them, and all of the ‘doom and gloom’ indicated by these rumors has made me avoid conspiracy theory forums thus far, because it is a little much, like an overload of information, which usually has a negative connotation.
    But I also think by putting my head in the sand, proverbially speaking, would be suicide if the theories were true. Rather ignoring the subject, it seems rational steadily learn more about it, after all, knowledge is power…

I’m not going to allow ridicule get to me. I almost feel sorry for them-they apparently haven’t learned that part of Star Trek’s ‘thing’ is about being open minded. I always see Starfleet as approaching problems with an open mind, and the Federation working together to find the best solution, and I think that is something all of us need to emulate in real life.

Yeah, I really empathize with you there… I love ST The Motion Picture not just because of Jerry Goldsmith’s heavenly soundtrack, but also because it has an air of mystery to it. The crew of the Enterprise solved the V’Ger incident not with violence, but by understanding V’Ger’s past.
    And as much as I like action and battles as much as the next guy, I think that what JJ Abrams has really been missing in his films is that sense of mystery, curiosity, and discovery that Star Trek was really intended to be about. I’m hoping that JJ Abrams will go more in this direction for the 3rd film, which I’m pretty convinced that Into Darkness will not have.
    This is also why I liked the TNG episode Contagion, which had this xeno-archeology feel to it. I find the concept of an ancient, super advanced race, a fascinating concept.
    Same thing for why I could hardly put down the ST novel Probe. I loved how the race that built the “Whale Probe” was explored.
    If JJ Abrams could just combine that exploration/mystery motif with just the right amount of action for the 3rd film, then maybe some of the more hardcore fans will lay off a little on the ridicule.

Well, if/when you do get a forum up and running, you know that I’ll accept your invitation.;)

I look forward to the improvements you manage to come up with.;)