Theatrical HD screenings of "The Best of Both Worlds" next year?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by patlandness, Oct 13, 2012.

1. patlandness

patlandness Captain Captain

This year they had limited engagements of HD theatrical screenings of TNG to tie in to the Blu ray release. (The episodes being "Where No One Has Gone Before" and "Datalore").

Sooooo...next year, which will presumably have seasons 3 and 4 of TNG released on Blu ray. Will there be something similar featuring the epic two part cliffhangers of *all* TV cliff hangers? The SF equivalent of "who shot J.R.?"

I'm talking about "The Best of Both Worlds" parts I and II.

These two episodes *definitely* need to be seen on the big screen in 1080p.

How likely do you think we'll see an event like this? (I'd pay to see it)

2. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

IF they decide to release a few episodes for a limited theatrical run, my money will be on All Good Things...

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd love to see it on the big screen in HD, but what I'd really love to see is the Battle of Wolf 359, in HD, with current SFX, in the big screen. Yes please, thankyouverymuch.

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

WHOA! Let's slow down there! :lol:

The episodes they picked for season two to show in theaters needs to do well before they can even think about season three.

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't go to season 1... sorry but Datalore and a Wesley episode just didn't get me excited to go out of my way. Season 2 has some better episodes so we'll see how that goes.

I'll agree though the first thing I thought of when I heard of TNG in theaters was I want to see BoBW on the big screen!

6. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I said the same thing prior to the release of the season one HD episodes on the big screen. I went to the screening but only with modest enthusiasm.

However, if Best of Both Worlds airs as a single film in the theater, I would actually buy my tickets in advance. Furthermore, I would encourage my friends who are non-Trek fans to go. It's quite a film.

We can all start petitioning now, let the people who select these episodes for theatrical release know that this is is in fact what we want. If they see the type of enthusiasm they had they might just go for it, despite the fact - yes we know - one episode is season 3 and the other season 4. I hardly think that this couldn't be the thing that prevents them from doing this.

7. Vanyel

Vanyel The Imperious Leader Premium Member

I mentioned All Good Things... because it was my understanding that had TPTB known how well received AGT was going to be, it would have been the first TNG movie.

8. T'Cal

T'Cal Commodore Commodore

I'd see any TNG episode they released in HD for the big screen but the two-parters make the most sense - BOBW, Unification, Redemption, Chain of Command, Gambit, Time's Arrow, and AGT to name a few.