Convention Circuit - Least Favorite Person Associated With Trek?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Jeff Tube, Jan 30, 2011.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

It's certainly possible we just caught her on a bad day. I asked her what it was like to work on Everybody Loves Raymond, and she said "fine" and stared at me like I just spit in her eye.

Or maybe it was that I didn't buy anything....

:lol:

2. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

^

I've found that buyin' an autograph will improve a celebrity's mood immensely.

Except with Brent Spiner.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

We did, through the convention tickets. We got her autograph after her talk.

4. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I agree about Ben Browder, as I saw him last year at a convention in Melbourne. Was absolute hoot. Didn't get an autograph or photo, hopefully next time, as he loves Australia.

Nana is one person I was hoping to meet this weekend at a convention in Sydney, but pulled out again. Also will get to meet John de Lancie as he will be there also.

Saw Tim Russ last time he was in Australia (back in 2003 or 04), very entertaining. Still thinking about seeing either Jonathon Frakes and/or the Voyager Double in August (Tim & Kathryn)

5. Halfordgirl

Halfordgirl Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Had very positive experiences meeting Marc Alaimo, Casey Biggs, Max Grodenchik and Vaughn Armstrong in Chicago last October. They could not have been nicer. Casey Biggs is a total sweetheart and Marc Alaimo is a bit of a flirt! I think it helps to be a reasonably attractive female and not wearing a costume... also, we met them in the hotel's bar...not in the photo or autograph line...casual setting and cocktails helps!

6. Halfordgirl

Marc Alaimo was probably having an off day...it happens..I've met him and he's great!

7. Halfordgirl

I'm a DS9/Cardassians fan...love my Dukat and Damar :-)..Haven't seen Marc Alaimo listed as attending any Cons this year...wonder if he's retired..I will also be checking out more of your fanfiction... loved "Isolation"!

8. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

No idea if he's still into cons or not.

And thanks for the kind words. I'm a little confused, though...I never wrote anything by the title of "Isolation." ;)

9. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That is just cool as hell. :)

10. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Must have been your Evil Id Clone.

Don't lock your doors, it won't be enough to protect you from a telepathic projection of your psyche.

11. Halfordgirl

Ooops...maybe I'm thinking of someone's else writing...:-)

12. Halfordgirl

Yes, I got you confused with another fanfic writer...but I will check out your fanfics as well :-)

13. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not Trek-related (but others have posted experiences with BSG actors etc) but Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca from Star Wars - is one of the nicest gents I've met. He is also the only actor I've got an autograph from. He was just a cool, funny guy.

14. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    and very, very tall.

15. Cobalt Frost

Cobalt Frost Captain Captain

Cobalt Frost in Phineas & Ferb's backyard
    I met David Prowse at a comic book store several years ago. He practically looked me straight in the eyes, and he was sitting down! I asked if he could see out of the Darth Vader mask, and he said no. Apparently, they kept making the lenses darker because they could see his eyes... Really nice guy!

16. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

With very big hands. When we shook, one of his fingers touched my index knuckle. And I'm a big guy myself, but that freaked me out a bit.

Still very cool guy.

And his wife is fun, too. When I met them both in Corpus Christi a few years back, she had a t-shirt in the Star Wars style that said "Chewbacca is My Co-Pilot".

17. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

I'd imagine Robert Beltran isn't the sweetest pea.

18. Paradon

Paradon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like him.... It's the damn show. They made fun of Indians like they're retarded little red men!

19. Halfordgirl

Yeah...Dominic Keating was obnoxious, drunk, loud...talked over the other panelists........on the other hand..there are Casey Biggs, and Vaughn Armstrong..class acts all the way.

20. Biffette

Biffette Captain Captain

I just met Wil Wheaton, Jonathan Frakes, and Brent Spiner last night, and out of the three Brent was particularly warm and engaging, which was a pleasant surprise after reading this thread. He was also selling hugs for $10, have any of you seen him do this?