Lost 5x03: "Jughead"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

45.8%
  2. Above Average

49.4%
  3. Average

3.6%
  4. Below Average

1.2%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Desmond and Penny named their kid "Charlie" not after the father but after Charlie.

2. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Excellent. I could try and save my top grades for possible better episodes, but fuck it. Lost is almost over and if an episode twists my brain and leaves me almost out of breath like that one I'm not going to be stingy.

Like last week I don't know what the fuck to say. Gonna have to watch it again for anything resembling an intelligent critique.

3. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At this point Lost is reminding me of Book 3 of DS9's Millenium trilogy: Inferno.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I didn't know that. Thanks.

5. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Above Average, very good.

Now we know why Richard came to visit Locke when he was a baby.

And we know the Others speak Latin, and that Richard does/did answer to someone, maybe Jacob.

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

:lol:

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Here's a crazy thought. Maybe Widmore and Eloise are a couple and will give birth to Daniel Faraday. Widmore is Faraday's father! This would explain his interest in Dan and also why he knows where Eloise is now.

Let's say that Eloise was already pregnant in this episode, in 1954. This would suggest that the Faraday we saw in the 70s in the Orchid is on his original timeline and then he time-travelled to circa 2000 when we meet him then.

However, Charlotte's bad condition appears to be because she was born on the Island we learned in the S4 Finale. This would mean Faraday was NOT born on the Island. Maybe Eloise and Widmore were exiled at the same time and conceived Faraday off-Island?

8. :eek::eek::wtf::eek:

You just blew my mind.

9. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Ok, what do you all think? Is Charlotte going to die or not?

This is very interesting if it turns out to be true.

10. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

He likes to dress like a flight attendant.

11. DeafPoet

Verily. Good eyes, Mr Light!

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Was anyone else reminded of Crystal Skull when we saw the H-Bomb in its little wooden tower? I kept expecting Faraday to jump off the tower and start running away yelling "WE NEED TO FIND A REFRIGERATOR QUICK!!!" :D

13. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

The actor who played Widmore was also in that film as the general who tells Indy not to play with refrigerators because they're death traps.

Definitely thought Crystal Skull with that nuke.

14. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

I point you to this post in the running commentary thread :D

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I don't really care one way or the other if Charlotte lives, I never gelled to her character. They never really gave her anything to do and she always gave off a sinister vibe. The first interesting thing they did with her was revealing she born on the Island in the S4 finale. I seem to recall reading awhile ago she wouldn't be a full cast member this year unlike Faraday and Miles but I guess that isn't true.

Oh man, that's right Alan Dale was that General in Crystal Skull! That's funny.

So this means the Others were the one obsessed with chopping people's hands off. How come they don't do that in the present era anymore?

Also, how the hell did the US Army stumble across the Island in the first place? If they're just using it for a nuke test doesn't that suggest that it's just another typical Island at this point and not cloaked? Does it become first cloaked because of this invasion? Is this why Widmore/Eloise must turn the donkey wheel? Remember when Dharma finds it in the 1970s it would have been 20 years after it was used, plenty of time to freeze over again. Or if the Island was cloaked in 1954, maybe they used the Black Rock Diary to find it?

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I never read the live discussion stuff :)

17. DeafPoet

Not sure, but I'm leaning towards no. When John asked Richard how to leave the island, Richard indicated that it was privileged information. If it's still tough to leave I'm guessing it's still tough to get there.

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

The army found it though, and I guess they would have had a way off.

19. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

I wonder if the EMP's from nuke tests in the Pacific interfered with the Island's cloak for a time.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Interesting theory, Gertch.