Hawaii 5-0 Season 4 discussion/spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, Sep 29, 2013.

1. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Wow...the cars are getting more attention and discussion that the plotlines and it's characters. :rolleyes:

2. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe 'cause the cars have been providing most of the action lately. ;)

But it was cool to see the Lost reunion.

3. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

The movie man-date was pretty cute, too. :lol: I felt bad for Cath and Gabby--double dating with Steve and Danno is just not a great idea. :lol:

Seeing Jorge Garcia last week was pretty fun, too. I really liked his character!

4. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For just giving birth she looks damn good, trim and slim

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Enterprise is Great

7. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

^Pardon my asking, but where's Kamekona?

8. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Can't say I'm big on that one. Not keen on conspiracy theorist types and not sure what he's going to really bring.

There were some concerns that moving to Friday night would be the kiss of death but I guess it's doing okay.

Though this season has seemed a bit off to me for some reason. Perhaps it had something to do with the Adam/Kono B story from the first part of the season. I know they had to do due to Grace Park's pregnancy but by the end I wished the Yakuaza would just do away with the pair of them.

9. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am guessing they don't consider him a real actor needing credits

10. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

My guess is that they want to cater to the dude-bro crowd in love with idiots like Edward Snowden. So they got rid of poor Kamekona for this guy?:wtf::rolleyes:

Perhaps the declining viewership by young people and the lack of competition has made it possible for a show to survive on Friday night at 9:00.

I want her to come back and be a part of the team as Kono, but I guess that will be impossible if Park is taking care of a baby.

11. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Grace Park been back since the episodes that began airing in January, and Kono is part of the team like she was before. Of course, this means Catherine has been kind of scarce lately, because let's face it, there's only so much for each character to do in a 40-minute episode.

12. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They snuck in another Lost alum with François Chau. Had a feeling I knew him from somewhere, as soon as I clicked on the guest list for this on IMDB, it hit me. It's Pierre Chang/Dr. Marvin Candle/Dr. Mark Wickmund/Dr. Edgar Halliwax!

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have only seen the show a few times but caught the episode Friday night by chance. Amazing that Grace Park just turned 40.

14. Immolatus

Immolatus Captain Captain

Kamekona is out? I hope not.

15. cardinal biggles

Not sure where Shaka Zulu got the idea that Kamekona was being cut out in favor of Hurley. I mean Jerry. :p Jorge Garcia is getting promoted to full-time next season because he's Jorge Garcia.

16. Enterprise is Great

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

18. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

She never did much for me as a character but I'd take her over Jorge Garcia's tin-foil hat brigader.

19. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

She was much more effective when she was recurring, and the character was in the Navy. It sucks, because I feel like they shouldn't have made her a reg to start out with… they should have just kept her recurring and the character wouldn't have had to be written out. I also read on TV Line something about her getting into it with fans on Twitter, so maybe she wanted out.

5-0 just works best when it's the original four. Adding Max was fine because he's the coroner and not in every episode. I'm not sure how Jorge will be… I suspect he works better in small doses/as a recurring character as well.

Really, the fun in the show for me is the relationship and banter between Steve and Danny. Adding a ton of extraneous characters to solve cases with them or join 5-0 seems unnecessary. The show should focus on its strengths and really, it's those two.

20. cardinal biggles

I feel like Top41 and I have discussed this to death on Facebook (:p) but to add to what she said:

Michelle Borth's addition to the main cast last season didn't make any sense. This season, the writers seemed to be incrementally bringing Catherine into the Five-0 team like they were hedging their bets just in case Grace Park decided to turn her maternity leave into a permanent exit from the show. But by the time they'd integrated Catherine into the team, Kono was back from her quest to find Adam, and it was clear that Grace Park was staying, and suddenly Cath/Michelle is the fifth wheel. So in the end, this news is totally unsurprising.