Enterprise Pic

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by bdb, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

So check me on this, and forgive the breast metaphor: The nipple at the top is the bridge. The areola below it is decks two and three, and the thing with the big windows/weapons ports/whatever is deck four...

2. Stag

Stag Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Am I the only one who thinks that line/seam down the center of the primary hull is where it separates to become a transformer...

"Transformers...starships in disguise!!"

Welcome to Earth Starshipus Prime!!

:lol: :lol:

3. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm a bit worried about the reaction so far. We're mostly all drooling over this one small pic. If we see this thing launch from the yards some of us will need to be carried from the theater. Myself included.

4. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    I like what I see so far. Its not exactly like the original Enterprise--by far my favorite starship design--but I don't think anyone expected it to be (or at least I really didn't). I'll reserve full judgment until I can see the whole ship in action, since stills often don't do these things justice, but so far I don't really have any complaints.

5. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I must admit it definitely provoked a reaction. When I first saw the smaller thumbnail I was more or less okay with it, but after opening the larger picture and staring at it for around 10 minutes I've decided that I can live with it, but it will definitely have to grow on me. It seems to me too close to the refit Enterprise, and overall a little too
    similar to Gabe's reimagined Enterprise.

That said, it's now my desktop.

Time will tell...

:rommie:

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

you expected trek fans to go nuts? :lol: ;)

They're not Transformers fans
    They're not Batman, superman, spiderman fans.........they're Trek fans :D

7. FlyingTigress

FlyingTigress Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Punch-list item #20503005.056 Repair scratched registry markings.

Contractor response. Fleetspec 144/2545/299577 allows 0.025% damaged exterior paint under current contract. Willing to renegotiate contract [to cover underbid] by 3.5 MCred to repair scratch. :lol:

8. Dale

Dale Vice Admiral Admiral

I wanna see a teeny little worker trudge through the "7" and leave black footprints behind as he crosses the hull.

9. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone who would honestly argue changing the font was somehow implausible, or in violation of canon, or overtly detrimental to the design (within reason) is a nit-picking for the sake of it and in need of a reality check. They can probably slap a new paint job on a starship in a matter of days! Simple hull lettering in hours! The font works here, no problem.

This pic makes me excited! :rommie:

10. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

I triple dog dare people here to, when they see the first sight of the new ship onscreen, scream "They got the nacelles wrong!" from their seats.

11. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clearly, they are still under construction; so I have a feeling that once complete, they'll look similar to how they looked on the TV show.

What amazes me is the implication that all this is being built on the ground; and will then somehow be launched into oribit from the ground. ;)

12. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I expect some of that to happen.

13. decompiler

decompiler Commander Red Shirt

I'm really blown over by the redesign. It's nice to see the Enterprise in all of today's technological wonder. I have held my breath over this since the movie was announced. And it seems my worry really paid off well. The Enterprise (so far) looks gorgeous. The saucer section is just not so much of a departure. It's just a blending of the TOS era ship and the movie era Enterprises. It maintains the overall cannonized shape of the saucer section but just updates it with the hull plating and updated detail on the saucer's surface. I fail to see what's so wrong with the saucer section. I'm curious to see the impulse thrusters on the back of the saucer section.

The nacelles take the most getting used to. But it's still really exciting to see the ship upgraded with all it's fancy starship eye candy.

On a side note, I can't help but to be extremely impressed at the photo! It in itself is a work of art. Despite being CGI, it looks like a person was there on the tip of the saucer with a holocamera. It looks REAL. It's spectacular.

14. Newt

Newt Commodore Commodore

Fucking awesome! I'm dead excited now.

15. datas_cat_spot

datas_cat_spot Captain Captain

I guess they figured it was unwise to change the outside appearance too much since the interior will most likely be totally revamped lol.

16. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

It also provides the sense that the Enterprise actually works instead of just is. I'm not sure if I explained that right. It's a "realistic" touch, very detailed. I like it.

17. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If the movie will have this level of CGI it will be amazing!

The nacells look incredibly real, even the light scattering is perfect!

18. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It makes sense to build the hull section on earth and lift them into space. It cuts down significantly on EVA time for workers.

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I agree. I'm having a fangasm over here.

:angel:

20. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

In the theater I expect to hear:
    -- at least one painful groan,
    -- a loud rant followed by storming out of the theater,
    -- someone breaking down in sobs,
    -- a "Fuck you, Abrams," shouted out of nowhere,
    -- a cry of, "They HAVE raped my childhood," and
    -- Junior Mints thrown at the screen by someone.

While the rest of us enjoy the cinematic beauty of it all.

-- Oh, and someone's cell phone will go off. Always happens.