Star Trek Into Darkness out on Blu-ray/DVD September 10th [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Enterprise is Great, Jul 10, 2013.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness out on Blu-ray/DVD September 10th [spoiler

I'll just get both releases. I'm weak. :(

2. Data's Cat

Data's Cat Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'll just get the first release. I'm cheap. :D

3. BillJ

:lol:

4. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does anyone know yet of the BR version of STiD from the ST09/STiD comboback will be different from standalone BR release of STiD?

I don't have ST09 on BR yet, so would be a nice change to have both. It appears that the second disc in the BR release of STiD is a DVD of the same movie, so I would asume that the extras that come with the standalone release would also be in the comboback, right?

5. Lynn Minmay

Lynn Minmay Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I went all out for the $80 BD set with 1/1 Phaser from Amazon.

That's a great price when I consider how much I've paid for Japanese Macross related BD's.

6. Lynn Minmay

Lynn Minmay Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Into Darkness out on Blu-ray/DVD September 10th

CAN'T WAIT TO UNBOX.

7. Mage

Anyone know this??

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ It is probably the same BR, just packaged differently. If you buy the STXI / STID combo, I doubt you would be missing anything in terms of the film or its extras.

9. Mage

I was assuming the same thing, but you never know ofcourse. I was put off at first since the BR of STID said two-disc edition, but it turns out the second disc is STID on dvd. So you're probably right.

10. talfe'anhar

talfe'anhar Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'll be getting the digital copy on Tuesday, the DVD in September, and the 2 disc set whenever it comes out. I'm a rabid Trek fan, what can I say? I need my fix!

11. RollTide1017

RollTide1017 Ensign Red Shirt

Why do you think there will be a 2 disc set later, there has been no hint of that at all? I'd love to see it happen but I just don't think it will, at least not anytime soon. There was only one release of the 2009 movie.

12. BillJ

There's already two distinct versions of the Blu-ray release. One that seems to be a general release and one that is being sold by Target and has multiple special features.

13. RollTide1017

Well, I'm not sure that is much of a hint. This isn't the first movie to have special features that are exclusive to a certain retailer. Best Buy gets quite a few exclusive "bonus disc" releases every year and none of those have been released in a second general release edition. Earlier this year, target had an exclusive version of Les Miserables with 40 minutes of additional features and there is no sign of it being released in a more widely available form.

Hey, I hope you guys are right and I'm wrong because I have STID on pre order at Best Buy for the early access to the DC on Tuesday but, I'd really like the extra features on the Target release. I'm torn right now between really wanting to see the movie again this week or canceling it with Best Buy to get the Target version. I just have this feeling that if you want the extra 30 minutes of features then you'll need to get the Target version because I doubt they'll see the light of day on another release anytime soon, just like the other exclusives released in the past.

Let me add that I hate retailer exclusives! It is a huge slap in the face to fans. Those extra features on the Target release should be on every version so every fan has access to them.

14. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

So Target has no right to create an exclusive product that will draw extra customers into their store? They must agree to sell only what all the other shops are selling? :wtf:

How is offering their customers more - and paying big $$$ to do so - also slapping fans in the face?

15. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Still can't decide if I want the phaser or the extra features.

16. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Past experience. A single disk release is almost always following by a "Deluxe Edition".

More money to be made that way.

17. Mage

There's a single and 2-disc version on BR of the 2009 movie available in the Netherlands.

18. RollTide1017

I think that has become the exception more then the rule in the past few years. I can name plenty of big summer films from the past few summers that have only seen 1 release so far. I'd love it if I'm wrong but, I just think it is highly unlikely that another version will be release by November or December of this year as some have speculated. At the very least, I wouldn't expect a second release until sometime next year.

Again, this is all just my opinion and I could be completely wrong. In fact, I hope I am as I'd have no problem buying it now and a more feature loaded edition again in a few months. Kinda like how I already bought the Hobbit BD and will gladly buy the extended edition in November.

Yes, but in the US the 2 disc was released first and the single disc was released almost a year later.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  19. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Whats the difference between Best Buy's 30 minutes of exclusive content and Targets. My husband will be in the USA in a month and I'll get him to get one for me if its Region Free?

Can anyone getting the Phaser Combo from Amazon please report if its Region Free. I'd like to get it but suspect it will be Region 1. Please. :)