SMALLVILLE

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jun 14, 2011.

?

Favorite Season Of SMALLVILLE?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2012.
  1. SEASON 1 (Pilot, X-Ray, Nicodemus)

20.6%
  2. SEASON 2 (Ryan, Rosetta, Calling)

14.7%
  3. SEASON 3 (Perry, Hereafter, Memoria)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. SEASON 4 (Crusade, Run, Onyx)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. SEASON 5 (Aqua, Lexmas, Reckoning)

17.6%
  6. SEASON 6 (Arrow, Justice, Phantom)

11.8%
  7. SEASON 7 (Kara, Decent, Arctic)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. SEASON 8 (Legion, Requiem, Hex)

11.8%
  9. SEASON 9 (Metallo, Absolute Justice, Salvation)

11.8%
  10. SEASON 10 (Homecoming, Icarus, Booster)

11.8%
  1. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just saw the above article with the comments from Gough which I find highly interesting since Brian and Kelly stated that they took several plot points from the finale from what Miles and Gough intended to do with the series finale. They didn't say what of course, but that comment is rather interesting. I dunno if they would have done it THAT much differently than Brian and Kelly did but yeah there would have been a difference in structure and tone.

My favorite part of the article is when he says I think they did the best they could. LOL. I'm kind of surprised he didn't just come right out and reveal what they would have done differently. It's not like it would hurt anything now.

IIRC they came up with a couple of different finale scenarios, including one if the show was canceled during the Veritas storyline. They should reveal these now, although I think we saw some of those seeds in the actual finale. We know Tess would not have been involved and Lionel probably either since Brian and Kelly created Tess and brought back the latter.

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

So in the Man of Steel thread there was a Smallville clip. A related video was on the side of youtube

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm-hYgGobQY[/YT]

season 2 promo for "Vortex"

I don't know how we put up with 8 more years of that

"OMG! will Lex expose Clark's secret! Will Clark risk it all for his family!"

By the third episode most of the last seasons skeletons were forgotten and a lame Kryptonite freak was set to appear.

4. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Season 10 had a resounding lack of "have to keep the secret" nonsense. That, alone, earns it my top spot. I always hate the idea of keeping such a thing from the main people in ones life. Having the main cast know the secret... such a relief.

5. Admiral_Young

Season Ten sucked though. It was arguably one of the weakest seasons with a few glowing moments, in fact I barely watched it. There was also no need for them to "keep the secret" since everyone freaking knew who Clark was at that point. Lois finally knew, his Watchtower allies, Tess, etc.

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked season 10. It gets a lot of crap, unfairly. Personally, I think a lot of that comes from the fact that people were expecting one thing, but the writers did something different. Then, instead of judging the season on its own, fans judge it on what they would have done differently. It is unfortunate, but I've noticed a lot of "final seasons" of long running shows have this happen to them.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I liked a handful of S10 eps...but overall I wasn't feeling it. Am I the only one who liked S3?

:(

8. Admiral_Young

Season Ten sucked because it was basically a microcosm (is that the right word?) of the entire series. Brian and Kelly went on and on about how we were getting the kitchen sink and once again their execution was off on pretty much everything this season except a handful of episodes. I don't know why it's unfair to give season ten crap when we give the entire show crap :) If you like the season fine, but it WAS one of the weakest of the series. Right up there with season seven and the back half of season eight in my opinion.

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I'd put it #2 after season 5. I think the reason more people don't put it higher is because the "pay-off" was really anti-climatic.

But, all things considered, "Memoria" and "Shattered" were probably the show's two best written episodes.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

"Memoria" has to be one of my favorites...if not favorite. I just love how the ep came out...SMALLVILLE has alot of great moments...I am sure that is what Brian & Kelly wanted to do with S10. :lol:

11. Admiral_Young

Season Three isn't bad at all. I just don't recall a lot from it which is why it's never high up on my ranking lists.

12. Samurai8472

Well with 10 years of episodes it's understandable.

I do remember season 4 being terrible with the witches arc and hunting for the FOS crystals.

Season 5 was an improvement. Brainiac, FOS and death of John Kent.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

S4 was bad...but it had a few eps that I enjoyed alot...Crusade, Run, Onyx...as listed in the poll...I like the eps with Alicia. :) Chloe found out his secret in the second one...I believe.

14. Admiral_Young

Season Four was bad in some spots. I actually liked the trip to China and the search for the Fortess stones. We get unfortunate closure to Alicia and yeah Chloe finds out about the secret thanks to her.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Another ep from S4 I like was Transference. Tom & John Glover did a great job. :)

16. Admiral_Young

^ That was a good episode. We get that classic scene between Lionel and Martha when he is in Clark's body lol.

17. Samurai8472

18. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I can see it. I mean, he likely won't win...whatever this is, but they did seem to put every actor who played a superhero in a high profile project this past year in there.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

20. Admiral_Young

I noticed Craig from K-Site posted that on his facebook page :) I think "Smallville" won best drama at this year's Leo Awards which are Vancouver's television and film awards honoring local shows and talent. IIRC Kristen Kruek was at the show. It's not televised and only mentioned once a year on the community channel.