"Haven" (new SyFy series starring Emily Rose) - Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aragorn, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: "Haven" (new SyFy series starring Emily Rose) - Discussion & Spoil

Considering how the "law" works on this show (just take a look at the plan to save Duke from the evil chick), I doubt they thought about how Audrey became an FBI agent.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Well, that was clearly Nathan agreeing to work outside the law-- not that it made any sense, anyway.

But since her FBI boss is in on it, it's possibility that the organization, or a group within the organization, is in on it.

3. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I'm glad, too. I like the characters, even though I was disappointed with much of the storytelling. I hope they take this opportunity to improve things.

5. Aragorn

This must be an awfully cheap show to film. There's only four regulars, they make use of the location they have and they don't even fly in recognizable guest stars.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

So will you be watching season two, Aragorn? ;)

7. Aragorn

[​IMG]

As the mysterious cracks spread throughout Haven at an increasing rate, while a mysterious criminal returns to Haven and Audrey discovers the secrets of her past and her mother's.

8. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

Interesting twist at the end. Two Audrey's?

I know a lot of people dislike this show, but I think they've done a decent job. I find the stories to be interesting. I'm looking forward to more if they get the chance.

Interesting question about the tattoo came to mind. It seemed like it was a family thing. (all those grave sites, the tattoo appearing for a moment on Julies back.) It makes me wonder just how much family Nathan has in Haven.

I'm curious what will happen now without the Chief there to "Hold things together" as he put it, and how they'll fix it. Hopefully it's not as simple as "Well, Nathan is chief now, and he doesn't feel pain so he can handle it better."

9. Aragorn

Well I have to say this show has gone from an F... to a C. :)

The writing is still pretty shoddy though.

Are the pieces of the Chief gonna come back together like the T-1000? :p

And it looks like I forgot about Stephen McHattie. So Haven can afford to hire one recognizable guest star.

10. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought the first season ended with a lot of potential, more than I was seeing a few weeks ago.

What was with the tattoo appearing and disappearing? If it’s on her back, is she aware of it?

It was a nice touch that Audrey 2.0 said the exact same thing “our” Audrey said when she met Nathan. If Audrey 2.0 is the “real” Audrey, then what is up with “ours”? She WAS in the FBI, had a boss in the FBI, etc.

And do the townspeople believe Audrey to be Lucy’s daughter because of the age thing (i.e., Audrey’s young and Lucy would’ve been older)--or are there some who actually know that Audrey IS Lucy? She is, isn’t she?

11. Aragorn

The chief knew, it's possible the newspaper guys know. But I'm not sure how far in advance the showrunners planned things, because everyone knows Audrey is looking for Lucy, it takes her a few episodes to even find out her name, and then out of nowhere one of the reporters says he knew Lucy all along?

12. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

I got the impression that many of them know about whatever the Audrey/Lucy connection is, but are hiding it for some reason. No, something has come up, Audrey needs to know, so they are being more open about it.

You're probably right, I don't think it was quite planned that way, but thats how it seems to have turned out for me anyway.