Drexler's Bring Enterprise To Netflix Campaign

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by TrekToday, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Right :rolleyes:

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I'm pretty sure no one will be doing renders in their kitchen on a Hollywood production. Pretty sure that would be against negotiated union contracts.

This isn't going to happen. CBS isn't going to do one of their premiere properties on the cheap and devalue it, especially when they're making money off of Abrams Trek doing absolutely nothing.

Essentially, this smells like bullshit.

3. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would totally be for Enterprise returning, even if seasons were like 12 episodes each (in fact that might even be better....focus on quality writing and have no "filler" episodes) and if it could be done on Netflix, that would be great.

I don't know if this can be realistically done, but I would be totally for it. I would love to see the Earth-Romulan war.

4. LtChange

LtChange Captain Captain

That is a figure of speech, that means that CGI isn't that hard and expensive as it used to be. And when Doug Drexler and Jennifer Desalle say that there is a chance I tend to belive them.

And I don't know how CBS is making money from Abrams Star Trek. That would be Paramount not CBS. CBS has the TV rights.

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Paramount pays CBS a license fee to make Star Trek movies. I assume it isn't a small one.

6. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

This reminds me of back in the day when that one dude, whatever his name was, ripped off Enterprise fans of their pocket change to help pay for a fifth season and kept posting bullshit messages like the one above. "We've had talks with the studio. We're very close now." Right.

7. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The person you mentioned was Tim Brazelle and Trekunited that ripped off the Enterprise fans with their fundraising efforts that would've posted messages like you mentioned in your post.

8. BillJ

I guess to me, that if you really love Enterprise cherish what you got. Watch it again and again, read the novels (Rise of the Federation comes later this month), create fan-fiction, make fanzines, create technical manuals. Do whatever you can to keep it alive in your heart.

But don't settle for green-screen crap because your desperate to see it again. It'll only ruin those fond memories of the series.

All in my opinion.

9. Jadin

Jadin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well said!

10. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I see your point, but I'm more interested in the characters and story, and if they need to chromakey some sets here and there to continue the series, then I'm okay with that.

11. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

Ahem. This is from a month and a half ago, and since he's the one who brought the Netflix idea up in the TrekCore interview in the first place, I would believe him.

[​IMG]

12. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That sucks to me, but better to know that than get one's hopes up in vain.

13. BillJ

I hope they update their Facebook page accordingly.

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

With all due respect to Enterprise, if there was a new series, I want to see it with the Abrams cast. We barely know them and waiting for new material every 4 years sucks. Trek really does belong on TV (Netflix or regular) though.

15. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Braga may have brought the idea up in the interview, but who is to say that Braga and company would even be involved in a 5th season? Just because people have moved on to other things doesn't mean that a 5th season couldn't happen.

Look at Arrested Development as a prime example. The entire cast returned for season 4, and almost all of the actors had other projects in development, yet still were able to be part of the series. Not everyone who worked "behind the scenes" during seasons 1-3 returned for season 4, as many had moved on to other projects. If anything, Enterprise should have some new blood working behind the scenes to keep it fresh.

Schedule wise, there is certainly more freedom to produce a series for Netflix, then there would be for network televison. As long as the Enterprise actors are willing to be a part of it, it doesn't really matter who helms the season. If some people have moved on to other projects, you simply find new people to replace them.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  16. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not too terribly likely to happen. CBS issues aside, Pine and company are becoming bigger names. Pine signed a deal to do some Tom Clancy movies recently that's worth eight figures for example. Why anchor yourself to doing a series for a few years when you got huge contracts for 2-3 hour movies falling into your lap? Quinto's not far behind in salary demands and the rest aren't exactly cheap either.

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's true. Might as well think about doing an entirely new cast after this current cast runs it's course (And I'm thinking that will likely happen after the third movie). I just want Trek back on TV, and put it in the Abrams universe. Let's expand what is new instead of going back to what's old.

18. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

That's not really a problem. The characters could be recast again with lesser-known, cheaper-priced actors. That's what happened with M*A*S*H, and look what happened with that. Plus they'd already have the sets, props, CGI models, etc. from the films. An AbramsTrek show would be financially feasible that way.

19. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

He and Berman would need to be consulted at least on a financial level - as "creators" of the show and the characters, any future productions would require their credits and he'd have to get paid royalties. You can bet he would know about that.

20. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And Netflix said Arrested Development nearly didn't happen because of scheduling difficulties and there won't be another season as a result. Bringing people back together after this much time is difficult. If you're Netflix, why even go through the effort for the lowest rated Trek series? Better to build off the movies, TNG, or a clean start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.