Dexter - Season 7 (with Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by ALF, Oct 1, 2012.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. People raised as siblings, even if not related by blood, are normally not attracted to each other.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Didn't they allude to the fact that Harry might in fact be Dexter's real father? Something about sleeping with his informant who was Dexter's mother?

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Harry was sleeping with the mother, but Dexter later (earlier?)confirmed that the bloke with the spider-web tattoo's DNA, who willed him that house, was from his biological pappy.

4. Savage Dragon

Ah, thanks. I'm glad. That would have made Deb's infatuation all the more creepy.

5. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Never got the appeal of the show. I wanted that Dexter guy to be caught and executed after the episodes I saw. "But he only kills other serial killers". A show about a serial rapist raping other serial rapists wouldn't be taken that well, I suppose.

6. Guy Gardener

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490086/

That's from a movie calledBbig Stan where Rob Schnider becomes so bad ass that when he goes to prison, that Rob becomes top dog and declares what the rules are like he's Jesus preaching his sermon on the mount ...

Rob Shnieder: "All right all right.. We have to start acting civilized in here. No more shanking each other in the showers. No more stealing from each other and for gods sake can we please stop raping each other, it's embarrassing, and hard to sleep through in the night."

Random prisoner with mexican accent "but boss, what about if we just rape the child molesters?"

Rob Schinder: "Okay, okay, I suppose that's alright, they sorta have it coming. All right. New rule you can can only ony rape the kiddy fiddlers. Is everyone good with that?"

Hundreds of prisoners cheering.

Rob Schinder: "No, No, sorry. I can't bring myself to.. It would just be picking on the child molestors. So, no, no raping anyone. If you want to have sex, you will have to find someone who loves you for who you are. Good? Good!"

Hundreds of prisoners says "awwwwwwwwwwwwwee."

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well Carpenter seemed to suggest in an interview that they were dropping the idea... but the showrunners are still saying that we WILL see it explored in some way.

So who knows at this point.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

They'll probably explore it by having Deb realize how weird it is.

9. Guy Gardener

Deb needs to abuse and accost that therapist with a lot of oddly compounded swear neologisms.

Besides I was 80 percent sure her therapist was a Phantom last year.

10. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gave up on Dexter years ago. But quite aside from the previous Deborah character was a daddy's girl who thought Daddy was an upright cop, any version of Deborah extant should be able to see more objectively than Dexter. Meaning, she would realize Daddy was actually crazier than a bedbug, guilty of a horrendously unique form of child abuse. Having her realize this is far less interesting or significant than having Dexter learn it for himself. But the newest Deborah should at least develop a terrible case of survivor's guilt over having survived Psycho Daddy.

It occurs to me that Psycho Daddy is awkwardly long. I suggest he be dubbed Zeus, since he gave birth to Deborah sans female. There was the occasional woman in the odd flashback, but she was obviously just a prop.

11. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

It's popular in Japan.

12. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's hope you had to google that one.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Another really strong episode. I liked that they picked right up from the last one, and had Debra continuing to ask all the right questions. And Carpenter's reactions and behavior all felt absolutely spot-on.

The only thing that made me cringe a little was her deciding to have Dexter move in with her, since it seems like a pretty obvious setup for something weird and romantic to happen between them later on.

I thought the side story with the prisoner (who really just wanted some sun and ice cream before killing himself) was well-done though, and after the shocking way he killed that guy with a screwdriver, the russian mobster finally feels like a threat worth taking seriously too.

14. Guy Gardener

Ray Stevenson is hard ass.

He was the Punisher in Punisher Warzone.

And his body count in Rome is only barely surpassed by how many hot meals he had.

15. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

Does little Harrison live full-time with the babysitter? He didn't seem to move with Dexter to Deb.

16. Guy Gardener

Why hasn't he mentioned Lundy yet?

And what about Rita?

She has to be wondering about if Dexter killed Rita?

And he logically in her mind he must have killed Doaks.

"Trinity killed Rita and frank, so I killed Trinity."

Surely that would make him a super hero in her eyes?

or are they saving that for down the line?

Although...

he's been fucking with Miami Metros Numbers.

Screwing over Lagerta...

"Dexter, are you saying that if you weren't out having fun, cock blocking our investigations, that my conviction rate at work would have doubled and I could have been Captain two years ago?"

17. Savage Dragon

Yeah, I've been wondering about those same points too. Hopefully it will come up soon.

18. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sure the writers will trickle all those points out through the season. No need to blow the whole wad in ep.02.

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Yeah, that one was the one thing that bugged me in the otherwise excellent. I kept yelling "What about Rita, Deb?!" Granted there's a lot to take in for her, but surely Rita would have come to mind sooner than later.

I'm glad to know that I wasn't the person who wondered what was going on with Harrison.

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

but they determined that Dexter was at a crime scene when Trinity killed Rita. i think they stated as much when the FBI interviewed him. if anything she should be asking him the truth about Brian, his trip to Nebraska, framing Doakes...