Retro Review: Starship Down

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by TrekToday, Mar 23, 2013.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A battle with the Jem’Hadar strands the Defiant in the atmosphere of a planet, leaving several crewmembers near death. Plot Summary: While en route to a Gamma Quadrant system to discuss trade with the Karemma, whose representative Hanok is already skeptical because Quark tried to rip him off, the crew of the Defiant is attacked [...]

More...

2. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I love "Starship Down"- great early CGI effects, the scenes between Armin Shimerman and James Cromwell, Kira treating Sisko, Bashir and Dax reflecting on their past and Worf's first time commanding. Very well done.

3. James T. Vader

James T. Vader Lieutenant

We finally have an episode in which Worf plays a major part and he’s a jerk. We did find something in this episode that we hadn’t seen before. The rest of the enlisted men in Starfleet. Miles must be hoarding them.

I laughed out loud when Sisko, lying on the verge of a coma basically said, “nerys, can you stop praying over me? Finish your dumb story about three brothers selling their kava root instead.” Although I did like the end with Sisko taking her to a baseball game. These two have come a long way since Emissary.

4. hayesc0

hayesc0 Lieutenant Red Shirt

my favorite part of this episode is when kira suggest the three shift rotation later on in the show sisko suggest the three shift rotation to kira

5. LobsterAfternoon

LobsterAfternoon Commander Red Shirt

I really like this episode. The Worf/O'Brien scenes are great, as are the Quark scenes.