"Watchmen" might never be released

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b24472_doomsday_watchmen.html

Me and my buddy's saw the trailer before TDK and even though we are not big comic book followers, we all were impressed by the movie, even me who hated 300. We all saisd it was one of the coolest looking films ever, from the Trailer. So now, we might not ever see it.

I think Warners will end up paying a a large sum to placate Fox. Even if they take a loss in earnings for the film, Warners would be better off to release the film rather than ruin their rep and face the fury of the disappointed fans.

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

There have already been two threads on this very subject in this forum, so methinks a third unnecessary. Regardless of that, Fox's posturing is simply that--they are ultimately in it for the money and will eventually settle for the maximum amount that is possible. Watchmen's release will likely be unaffected.

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

sorry I didn't see the other threads.

4. Dr. Drake Ramoray

Dr. Drake Ramoray Commodore Commodore

Don't worrry about it man, they'll settle it in no time. I mean seriously, look how fast Fox and Warner's settled that pesky rights dispute over the DVD release of the 1966 Batman TV series. Oh wait....:wtf:

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Please. A campy television series from more than 40 years ago and a big budget tentople picture that's just been made are not even close to the same thing.

6. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

But of course they are! A campy television show from the '60's has just as much prominence as a film like Watchmen.

Something from forty years ago = just as relevant as something today.

Duh.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should make a campy Watchmen television series. :p

"Dadadadadadadada...RORSCHACH!"

8. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fox wouldn't stop the release of a $100 million movie. They'll just demand a shit-ton of money.

9. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

10. JacksonArcher

This might actually improve Warner Bros.'s status with the fans, since earlier this week they received a flood of angry letters from fans over delaying Harry Potter.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

You know, I would think that if Fox really didn't want the movie to be released, they wouldn't have waited until most (if not all) of the filming was wrapped to start complaining about it.

12. JacksonArcher

Well, I liked how they waited to do this until after the film had begun principal photography. If that isn't a sign that 20th Century Fox hopes to gain a profit from this film I don't know what is.