Retro Review: Who Mourns For Morn

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by TrekToday, May 24, 2014.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Morn’s death leads to a struggle among his former associates for possession of his valuables, which Morn has left to Quark. Plot Summary: When Morn’s cargo ship is destroyed, Quark throws a wake for him and mourns Morn’s unpaid bar bill until he learns from Odo that Morn left him his entire estate. Soon after, […]

More...

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

This review is a spectacular display of humorlessness and point-missing.

3. varek

varek Commander Red Shirt

Morn remains an enigmatic character. He seems to have been quite a lively conversationalist and partier, although the cameras (and our viewpoints) just seem to have missed it.
    His escapades remind us of how diverse the universe is!

4. Armored Saint

Armored Saint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The reviewer seems to be that kind of person who can't understand why Leslie and Hadley have fans.

5. JirinPanthosa

Exactly, Who Mourns For Morn is a farce episode, and one of the rare times Star Trek succeeded at that. It's like a comedy from the 40s.

6. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

Come on, admit it. Some of you don't like when this author h8's on your favorite DS9 episodes. :p

7. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

^I always dislike this reviewer's work. She reduces every episode to simple morality, as if it were no better than a soap opera.

8. Armored Saint

Armored Saint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In fact I was surprised to not find any ideological remarks in her review. Perhaps I was simply unlucky, but the few other articles I read of her were full of anachronistic criticisms that depict a 20 year-old tv show as a regressive piece of patriarchal propaganda. In fact, in both case, she shows a lack of hindsight.

9. JirinPanthosa

I don't mind when people criticize my favorite episodes, so long as they criticize it based on an accurate understanding of the episode, without projecting one's personal politics and obvious biases into it.