"The Walking Dead" Season 2 Updates

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ahh executives. Is there anything they can't ruin?

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

HitFix's Daniel Fienberg has a full article up with quotes from the main three producers from the Sept 8 screening of the 90-minute season 2 premiere.

A couple selections:

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Darabont needs to tell AMC to fuck off. He needs to move on to people that don't treat him like garbage. If this show completely tanks in season two, I'll blame AMC entirely.

4. PsychoPere

AMC will be airing a half-hour talk show called The Talking Dead to accompany the show this season.
    It seems like a rather bizarre idea to me, but the article points out that Bravo has had success with this model already. Anyone think they might give it a shot, or will discussing the show here be plenty for you? I'll probably give at least the first couple episodes a shot.

5. OverJoyJackson

OverJoyJackson Lieutenant Junior Grade

I agree. I am so worried that this second season is going to be a let down. I hope not. The first season was so tightly written and I am sure it was due to his overall direction.

6. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't really understand the dire need for Darabont? The Walking Dead is a series that's already been scripted and story boarded through Robert Kirkman and Image Comics; all the show needs is an Exec who will format it for television and otherwise get out of the way.

Darabont is not content with the Eisner award winning story as it stands; he seems to have been obsessed with making sure his mark is on it as Frank Darabont's The Walking Dead (something Frank seems to have succeeded with in some people's eyes - they don't even seem to mention Kirkman).

The Walking Dead is not on television because of Frank Darabont. Frank Darabont created nothing here; but he's tried to monkey with it enough to make you think he was necessary.

The bigger concern here is how much AMC will screw with things by slashing the production budget. If the production doesn't have the money to properly adapt the locations, FX, etc; then it's a problem. I would much rather jettison Darabont's salary if it meant keeping the adaptation on track.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

At least it's not a zombie cooking show. :rommie: Yeah, I'll probably give it a look at least once.

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Woking Dead?

9. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I guess it'll depend on what sort of things they talk about. I'm hoping they'll actually have interesting stuff like 'The science of the undead', or 'zombie combat techniques', rather than the standard "We chat with the 2nd Assistant Director about filming this weeks episode!"

10. PsychoPere

The quotes in the article from host Chris Hardwick make it sound it like it'll be a mix of both those types of things.

11. RJDiogenes

That's horrible. Good one. :bolian:

12. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a Chinese restaurant/mystery meat joke in there somewhere... :rommie:

13. PsychoPere

In addition to the aforementioned talk show, we'll be getting a prequel web series. The series will follow the attempts of "Bicycle Girl" (the zombie Rick shot in the pilot) to survive the apocalypse before she is ultimately killed. All 6 episodes will go live on AMC's website on October 3.

14. RJDiogenes

Interesting. I wonder if it will be animated or live action.