Story ideas

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Noddy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Noddy

Noddy Captain

I've got a couple of ideas for stories I'm thinking of writing, and I just thought I'd run them by everyone, and see what they reckon:

1: My first idea is set on Earth during the Post-Atomic Horror, in 2079, as per TNG "Encounter at Farpoint." Colonel Green's regime dominates much of the east coast of North America and is ruthlessly exterminating those within its territory it considers weak or impure, whilst fighting a losing battle against the remaining US states to the west. A member of the Howard family, Beverly Crusher's ancestors from "Sub Rosa", has to cope with a disabled friend being murdered by Green's troops, and the entity Ronin helps her.

2: The second is a "What if" scenario, where Councillor Ja'rod took his family with him to Khitomer, and instead of Worf, the USS Intrepid rescues one of his children after the Massacre. Not sure yet whether it should be Duras, Lursa or B'Etor.

Any advice/suggestions about these?

2. LilyThompson

LilyThompson Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Post-atomic horror.Would you mind if I used some of your ideas/characters/story to write a sequel fanfic set in the TOS era?

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

The post-nuclear horror story would be interesting, as it would be Trek but not as we know it, dealing with a very dark time in human history. You have a lot of empty space to fill in but also a ton of future canon to keep track of as well.

I always like "what if's". I would personally love to see B'Etor serving on the E-D, I can imagine some good scenes between her and Riker.

4. HoserTrek37

HoserTrek37 Ensign

Interesting, but didn't the Duras assist the Romulans? I wouldn't trust the House of Duras any further than I could throw a Pakled. But I love the Post-Atomic Horror, to see an Early 21st Century blogger with a camera-phone trying to subtly chronicle the injustices for whomsoever's left of the U.N. / International Courts without drawing the ire of militias, the militia-members' family members, etc. Who managed to get into bunkers / build sufficient dome-settlements, air-filtered suits, etc. as the repair teams venture out to salvage use-able materials.

5. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

Yeah, what HoserTrek said: If memory serves, there was a book what suggested that the father of Duras, Lursa & B'Etor provided aid and assistance to the Romulans in the attack at Khitomar, where the Enterprise-C was destroyed and Work was orphaned.

6. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

How do you know Ja'rod didn't? Since he was helping the Rommies, he could have gotten his family to safety easily.

7. Noddy

Noddy Captain

Well Ja'rod's children would only have been very young at the time, and so not having any part in their father's dealings. But knowing the characters of the Duras siblings, would any of them have chosen to join Starfleet, as Worf did? Would they even have remained in the Federation?