NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

What I have noticed is just how much of a difference Alfred Morris made to RG3's season last year. If he struggles the Skins are going to struggle as well. It would also help if Griffin would plant his feet when he throws.

That being said after watching the first week it will be a miracle if Romo, Vick, and Griffin play 16 games without injury. Those guys are taking a beating out there.

2. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gotta say... nobody blows a big lead quite like the Chargers do. They have a very special talent in San Diego.

3. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

I'm rather disappointed the Texans let the Chargers run up the score like that. I thought our defense was better. But, a win is a win, so I'll take it. Next week the Titans come to Houston so maybe our defense will play two halves instead of just one.

4. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Ravens game was a nightmare. We were thrashed, we would have been even more thrashed if Broncos weren't literally throwing touchdowns away. For a moment it looked like we might stage a comeback there, but they got right back on the bike and thoroughly destroyed us.

There's been a lot of talk about how the new defence might even be better than the old one, which we have lost several really big players from in the last 2 years, but it wasn't showing on Thursday.

5. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It was just as I suspected: we suck!! We played the worst team in the league from last year (by way of the draft criteria) The Chiefs; and they smoked us. We looked so bad that not only do we have the worst uniforms in the history of the NFL; we may have played the worst game ever in the history of the NFL . . . oh yeah, our quarterback got hurt too and is out, lol.

6. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Never change, Philip Rivers, never change.

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Accurate. :(

8. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Credit where credit's due--they did wake up in the second half and RG3 shook off the rust, but it was too little, too late. But Shanahan knows best by not playing RG3 at all in the preseason, right? That sure paid off. :rolleyes:

9. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I caught the first Eagles possession while I was at the gym and I was impressed. If they can play like that (minus the incomplete pass into a defensive touchdown part), they will be a hard team to play.

I think the Lions have grown to a point where a coach like Schwartz, who makes a lot of those mistakes himself, can be replaced by a veteran who can be a little tougher on them.

10. archeryguy1701

I can't blame Shanny for being a little cautious. RG3's recovery time made Peterson look like he was out forever. And, the Redskins basically traded their foreseeable future to get RG3. After that playoff game, if Shanny rushed him too much and he was hurt in any serious way, it would be his head.

11. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

As a Fantasy Football owner, I'm disappointed in the way the Browns used Trent Richardson in their first game. Here's a guy who is literally your only good skill position player on your team, and you essentially abandon the prospects of feeding him the ball in the second half? There must be an explanation for that oversight on the part of the Brown's coaching staff.

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

BTW, I wanted to post a good analysis of that one crazy Eagles formation

Yeah, that one:
    [​IMG]

13. tighr

We played against that formation in high school. The key is knowing who is eligible, where the offense can run, and what the blocking schemes are for the quick pass. If you're unbalanced at all, the QB will exploit it.

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

And if the QB doesn't get the ball off IMMEDIATELY, he's going to get murdered by the 2 unblocked DLs...

15. archeryguy1701

And this is different from any other play the Eagles have ran the last few years... how? ;)

16. tighr

That's why he starts in a 5-step drop shotgun, and if there are two unblocked DEs, he immediately makes the quick out to the flanker on the near side of field (to the side that has the apparent blitzing linebacker).

Any team that practices this formation also practices the quick read and ball release. I think he knows he's unprotected.

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was one of the worst football games I've watched in a long time. Kind of feel bad for Brady. He has no one to throw to other than Edelman and he is average at best. It's so weird to see Brady look so "human".

18. archeryguy1701

One of these days, Brady is going to throw the mother of all temper tantrums and he is probably going to eat the still-beating heart of one of those rookie WR's.

19. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There were times during tonight's game where it looked like he was getting close. :lol:

20. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

At some point, some of this has to be on Brady, though. Yeah, he's got rookies out there that look a little over their heads so far. Instead of expecting them to be perfect, though, he's gotta eventually realize they are a work n progress, and help simplify things for them a little. May not be what he's used to, but he can't do the Sink or Swim approach when there's no one behind them on the chart. Gotta suck it up and help bring them along.

They HAVE talent/promise, the game's just still moving too fast for them. With time, not worried. They were getting separation, had decent routes, just weren't turning their heads fast enough, or securing the ball before trying to move/anticipate hit, gotta have better field awareness when going for the sideline catch, etc. All fixable, and they WILL get better, but Brady has to chill out and help a little, or give them some easier stuff to work with for a while so they can develop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.