NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by havoc92, Jan 18, 2010.

1. havoc92

havoc92 Commander Red Shirt

Thank you sir, If I die in process of the build, you have to finish it lol.
    Seriously, trying to get better; but, the weather certainly isn't helping any.

Here's the latest. Couple more hours work on this one, max and it's finished at least for geometry for the moment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. havoc92

[​IMG]

Right side console completed!

3. havoc92

[​IMG]

Here's the latest on the left console. Nearing completion. Would be done; but, had to rebuild a monitor earlier. Should be done with it tonight at any rate; so, all smiles.. mostly.

4. havoc92

Ok, consoles are essentially complete now; so, here's what I've been waiting for.. the units sitting in place. Enjoy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Fabulous! It's starting to seem real and "come alive"! Your patience (and ours) has really paid off! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication, looking forward to more!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  6. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's truly gorgeous! Your efforts have definitely been worth it.

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Revel is making a new 1/650 enterprise kit. Perhaps you should contact him. I think Shaw is too busy right now, but it might be nice to see someone else here email Revell the work he did on the three-footer. Who knows, they might turn this into a cut-away.

8. havoc92

Haven't been sleepin on the job. This is the latest piece. Doing some fixups as well; but, nothing huge.

[​IMG]

Thank you for the comments. Always appreciated. And publiusr, I've had a number of suggestions in the direction of outputting the wireframes for a model buildup; but, Revell? Interesting idea ;)

Edit: Here's another update. May get the geometry on this one finished off yet today ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  9. havoc92

[​IMG]

Had a little problem with getting the legs right. Still not happy; but, I'll live with it for now.

[​IMG]

And another shot showing the unit in place and partially lit.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  10. havoc92

These are some fixups on the turbine units.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. havoc92

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Blew out my 10gb hosting limit at photobucket for the month already. So, using a different host for the moment.

12. havoc92

Another update. For those that have seen my facebook entry this morning, this is old news; but, In the wake of the interviews in the past few weeks, I was asked to
    assist with a star trek fan film. This morning I took a pass. I really didn't want to pass on this as the experience would have been nice; but, .. holding options open
    to see what happens. If the production schedule changes...

here's a link to the production: http://www.startreksecretvoyage.com/

I will be changing my build schedule to work the asset list they requested; so, the plan to begin work on Sickbay next is nixxed. Next stop, the Bridge.

And so it begins:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

First thing on the menu - redid the gangway to what I wanted it like to begin with. Happy.

13. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ok, since the Bridge was originally worked up, a lot of trimming has taken place and in the process, all the textures and color disappeared.
    So, first thing on the agenda after the gangway was to get some color back in here so it looks like someone's been workin here .. and so
    I can get a good look around and see what's next.. besides the captain's chair and helm.

14. havoc92

[​IMG]

This is the latest. Not a lot to look at; but, the overhead lighting sconces shifted over time apparently. So today was spent rebuilding the lighting overheads
    and combining them into a single mesh. Walk down memory lane as it were. Had to pull out the original scene files and look at what I did eons back. Lots of
    beginner's mistakes that I found on the way.. and expected to. Cleaned it all up and cut the poly count in the process.

15. havoc92

16. havoc92

Here's the latest:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Been working for the past several days on doing more poly cleanup work and simplifying the overall geometry of the Bridge. In the process, I'm finishing out some smaller pieces
    and removing them from view - pearing down to the main consoles. And probably gonna have to alter my promise to myself here and build the Captain's chair and helm. Kinda
    Griping me a bit; but, oh well. ;)

Still plowing through. Will probably have more updates as the day progresses today. Got a belly full of steam!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  17. havoc92

Ok, as an fyI, the new image host was throwing out adult pop-unders so I upgraded the photobucket account. All further posts will be through photobucket.

18. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Okay, I've been waiting for an appropriate point to bring this up, so I guess this is as good a time as any?

Are you planning to detail the service corridor around the bridge? If so, may I suggest a possible source of inspiration? Like this for instance...

[COLOR=#800080]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MpQIl_c5EBk/SSoRHIhZvaI/AAAAAAAAACY/RHoYPfQc6LM/s1600-h/IMG_4130m.jpg[/COLOR]

I always thought the artist(s) work here was very spot-on, especially the detail behind the view screen; it just seems to me to be exactly what it should be?

I know it doesn't match FJ's work exactly, especially the fudging of the turbo-lift alcove, but I thought it might be good food for thought though.

Of course, you may have other Ideas of your own which will no doubt be just as interesting, just thought I'd mention it. So keep up the great work anyway! :techman:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  19. havoc92

What have I been up to today.. well:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basically added some detail to the turbolift car as well as trimming a little. And the last image you see there is the
    progress on the first bridge deck console. This one is for the Engineering station. Back to work..

And, TinMan, yeah, the service corridor is getting detailed. Have some ideas in mind already but ideas are still always welcome. Thank you.

20. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Man, this is continuing to amaze me. It had occurred to me that it is fortunate that most, if not all, of the source material is in very spartan solid primary colors or grays, with lots of large and flat surfaces, hardly requiring any texture/bump mapping at all. Focusing more on colors, lighting and detail makes it easier, and I figure, much quicker to render a final product. Well done!