The German Bookshelf

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Tarheel, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Is Cross Cult going to debut its refitted Voyager design on an upcoming release this year?

2. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Love the SCE/Gomez covers. Looking forward to seeing the spines as well.

3. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Everything is a matter of taste. Some of the Pockets cover are boring and dull (e.g. Voyager). And some of the Cross Cult Covers polarize. E. g. the new "Rise and Fall of Khan" cover. But I like Pockets Covers of the TLE Terok Nor editions with Dukat, Kira and Odo :).

4. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

I sometimes feel like the Cross Cult covers better reflect the content of the book, which they can do because they're usually released so much later. There definitely are a fair number of pocket covers which are better than Cross Cult. But I feel in many cases where Cross Cult excel are with books that had poor or troublesome Pocket Covers. (Though both companies did a pretty terrible job with the cover to Losing the Peace. I don't know why that was such a hard book to cover!)

5. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Cross Cult Version of Losing the Peace features Jasminder Choudhury (if I´m not mistaken), otherwise it is similiar and reflects the post war time.

As to the upcoming The Fall novels: they decided to change some covers and to keep some of them. I´m excited!