Cool, Syfy UK are showing DS9!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by DS9forever, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

That's too bad. The episodes should be uncut or not shown at all. Can't they just show them at 9pm or 10pm if they think there's a little too much serious adult content?

Well, I don't know. TNG was the first Star Trek that I liked, but I haven't seen most of it still. After watching at least some of all of them, it was DS9 that I ended up liking the most. That was before I heard anything about it being the most critically acclaimed or voted as the "best Trek" or anything like that. So, that's the one I watched all the way through. I've watched more of the others since, and all of ENT last year, but DS9 is still the best to me and I don't consider myself a "hardcore Trek fan" at all.

It must be the fact that they haven't seen much of it or any of it to know that it's actually really great.

2. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Season five starts next Thursday.

3. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

That's a bummer about cutting them up.

I know how it is about not knowing many people who really like DS9, though, and maybe it being on tv will make some more converts. Heck, I wasn't even a DS9 fan myself until very recently when a friend of mine repeatedly told me I needed to watch the whole thing on Netflix. I grew up watching TNG and then watched TOS, and I guess I (wrongly) figured that was enough Trek for me and I'd just watch those 2 repeatedly, forever. ^_^ I mean, I remember sometimes catching DS9 and Voyagen on TV when they first aired, but somehow I didn't really pay attention. I guess I didn't pay attention to DS9 because I missed a lot and didn't understand the backstories enough to care what was happening.

4. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Captain Captain

Actually they seem to have stopped that now. I've only noticed one trim to season 4 - during the neck break scene in Hard Time. Otherwise it's gone through uncut; even the neck break in To The Death, which was removed on the UK DVDs, was left in. As was the neck break in Body Parts, which was removed back when the BBC first showed it.

Wonder if my constant moaning/video making made them change their minds? :)

5. Kinggodzillak

Mega balls-up tonight. No sign of The Emperor's New Cloak, the scheduled episode, and instead they showed What You Leave Behind Part 2.

Cos, y'know, it's only the series finale. Nothing major or anything. Why wouldn't you want to have it shown right in the middle of season 7? Idiots.

6. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Did the BBC ever cut DS9 when they aired it?

7. Kinggodzillak

The only one I clearly remember noticing at the time was Garak snapping holo-Quark's neck in Body Parts. He just put his hand over his mouth and Quark instantly faceplants into his dinner.

But they definitely left the exploding mirror Odo (which SyFy cut out) intact.