Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Elloit would be an okay JJJ and if they go in a "darker" mode for Jameson they might be using the more hard nosed version in Ultimate Spider-Man. In fact I've said all along that this movie might have a great deal of influence from the Ultimate Spider-Man comics.

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I think John Slattery is much more suited to Perry White than JJJ. But using either him or Elliott brings the risk of 'familiarity breeds contempt', with both having had roles, albet small ones, in superhero movies over the last few years.

3. Admiral_Young

Good point. I'm not familiar with the other actor lol.

4. Captaindemotion

^ He plays Roger in Mad Men and was Tony Stark's father, Howard, in IM2. He's also been in Desperate Housewives.

5. Admiral_Young

Ah okay I know him now. Yeah he did remind me a little of Jonah more than Howard Stark.

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I wonder if this bodes well for Scorpion in sequel?

7. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

It is kind of strange that they're not reusing Slattery for Howard Stark in Captain America. The recasting always momentarily throws me out of movie and I have to remind myself that they're still taking place in the same continuity.

It's funny that we never used to be concerned about this stuff, because every superhero movie had its own continuty, and they never crossed over with each other. Every upside has a downside, I guess. :lol:

8. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

They should pull a Bond reboot and have JK Simmons return as JJ. If Bond can bring Dame Judi Dench back as M in a Bond reboot why can't they do the same with Simmons?

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Bingo, I said that waaay upthread as well.
    I mean till they cast Garfield they were talking High School all over again. Now they are sticking post High School, I see no reason to even have Dylan Baker as Lizard frankly.

10. JonnyQuest037

JonnyQuest037 Vice Admiral Admiral

That's news to me. Where'd you hear that from?

11. Captaindemotion

I was going to say that too. The dude just looks like the comic version came to life. Sounds like I imagine he'd sound too.

12. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Me too. None of the sites are reporting that yet.

13. Captaindemotion

^ Actually, I'm pretty sure that was confirmed along with Garfield's casting but I'm too lazy to go look for links.

14. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think he told somewhere in an interview it'll be interesting to play someone a decade younger than himself. I still think though Logan Lerman would have been a better choice.

15. Admiral_Young

Actually I read recently that the movie is still set in high school...not in college as had been previously reported. Until there is some kind of official synopsis released from Sony this is speculation at best. I've come not to trust internet website who cite "sources" nowadays because it always seems like a few days or even weeks later something different is reported.

As for the Stark recasting...isn't this a younger Howard Stark that we will be seeing in "Captain America"? Makes sense if that is the reason.

16. Captaindemotion

^ By about 20 years or so and we only saw the HS of IM2 in grainy old footage. Hair dye, make-up and soft lighting would have sufficed, IMHO. I've no strong feelings on it, but I just think that having 3 actors as Howard in as many movies is a bit silly.

17. Admiral_Young

We do know that Marvel Sudios has problems retaining actors to reprise their roles in films...

18. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    That is interesting.

20. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For some reason, I assumed that Uncle Ben would already be dead when the movie started.