Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah! Bring back Russel T Davies!

Still, I'm wondering if they'll just leave it at 13 and not really change it. The new writers will just see it through without major changes (we can hope). If there're huge failures in the existing lineup, Community is serviceable enough to keep going, no?

Mark

2. Chris_Johnston

Chris_Johnston Captain Captain

In my universe, Community was cancelled after Season 3, and given a perfect finale.

3. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was a worried yesterday but willing to give the new showrunners a chance. The montage at the end of Introduction to Finality clearly steered the course that the show should be heading in in season 4, and it was always possible that the new guys would seek out Harmon's guidance even if they were under no obligation to do so.

But then I learned that they were responsible for the US version of The IT Crowd, so now I want them publicly flogged and hanged. They took comedy gold, barely changed it at all, and somehow turned it into shit. Graham Linehan does not appear to be pleased, and the fact that they didn't contact him to seek his advice about the US adaptation of his show doesn't bode well for them seeking out Harmon's advice either.

4. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The show already killed Abed, how much worse can it get?

Are people seriously not concerned about how crazy (and not in the fun way anymore) he's become? The guy's mind snapped and he almost cut off his best friend's arm! Only to be changed by another heartfelt (forced) speech from Winger?

The guy's psycho and nobody's really talking about it.

5. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Yeah.... I agree actually.... Abed sorta went around a bend this season... And all the other characters just smile and nod like nothing is wrong.

6. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

He was crazy-town banana pants, but as of the finale he's finally cured. Well, not cured, but realizes he's crazy.

7. M'rk son of Mogh

He's not even close to cured. It was all lip-service, taking down the holode... imaginarium. And then we see the sinister move of him stepping into his own, privite, mini crazy-box.

The first time, he wanted to gruesomely chop off his friend's arm. Something like that doesn't usually taper off and get better.

This IS supposed to be a light-hearted sitcom. Or so every ending has me believe with those simplistic speeches and resolutions, which seem to be getting worse with every episode! Especially when contrasted with Abed's crazy.

8. tighr

Whoosh. You completely missed the point of my post... I was riffing off of what Abed said at the end of the episode.

Abed: Britta, I'm so sorry.
    Britta: It doesn't matter, Abed. I should have never played therapist with you. I'll change my major just one more time.
    Abed: But you can't. You cured me. I mean, I'm not cured. I'm willing to admit I definitely need therapy. And you're the only kind of shrink I could ever trust, the one with as little control over my mind as me.

9. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I was actually happy with the finale as a series finale rather than a season finale. It's been fun, but with the crew completely changing, I'm not particularly interested in a retooled version of the show.

10. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not so sure it'll be retooled. Just as likely for the ratings they get, they'll take whatever notes Harmon left in his desk, work 13 episodes around 'em, and polish off the show that way. NBC has a tastier syndication offering, everyone's contracts run out, and we're done.

Mark

11. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't really overly enjoyed this season as a whole. I'd probably give it a "C". I felt like the show was treading water a bit and that it was going over a lot of the same stuff from previous seasons. I'm hoping that the new blood coming in will return Community to my "must watch" list.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Saw the musical primer in s03e01 again and...

LIARS!

Annie and Jeff did not do it!

13. M'rk son of Mogh

Nope, I completely got that. Then they showed him taking down his imaginarium with the others, showing he's on his way to recovery (because, you know, homicidal tendencies just need therapy to fix).

And THEN, after all that, they show him sneaking into his mini crazy box.

Whoosh. You missed that his words were all "Yeah, I need help" and then his actions were "screw that, let's just murder someone next season."

Alcoholics can say "I need help", but if they're still drinking, it doesn't mean a thing.

14. tighr

When I said whoosh, it was because I was making a joke. When you said whoosh, it was because you are taking a television show way too seriously.

15. M'rk son of Mogh

I'm just looking for an entertaining comedy, something Community has excelled at in the past.

All this darkness is making it difficult NOT to take the show too seriously. That's the opposite effect a comedy should be having.

I'm actually optimistic about the new season now, believe it or not. The first season was so much better than this, overall, that a change-up of some sort was needed. Of course, it could get even worse, but as far as I'm concerned, the damage is done, no harm in trying.

16. Professor Zoom

Finally saw the season finale. Pretty much a meh for me. It felt like it was out of order of the other stuff. The Chang stuff felt much more climatic.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

In the pilot Jeff made a speech about how truth was what ever he wanted it to be if he could talk long enough.

Book ends.

18. Professor Zoom

Meh. Still a meh episode.

19. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

I watched them out or order.

The last one I watched was the video game ep. I felt so sorry for P's brother. - He sat on me once in church so that he could see better.

20. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

Stop saying "meh" so much.