Cowboys & Aliens, the first trailer is here.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

2. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

Yeah that was an interesting tidbit. :) Funny clip. I like his approach.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Favreau is a man I've enjoyed in (and behind) movies for a long time.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

When I first saw the trailer I didn't see the wire, but the second time I did a double take having seen the wire. Thought it was just missed cause they might be rushing the trailer. Glad to know it's intentional, kind of like a grappling hook I suppose.

5. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Looks like this has the potential to be a lot of fun.

6. TrueBlueMug

TrueBlueMug Ensign Red Shirt

I wasn't a huge fan of Iron Man 2, but agree this one could be fun. I love Favreau's conversational style ala Dinner for Five.

7. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw the trailer today. I'm not sure I'll be able to take the movie as seriously as they intend, but it does look like fun. Enough fun to add to my Netflix queue, not necessarily to see in the theater.

8. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I noticed this when I saw the trailer in the theater yesterday - when the aliens shoot onto the screen and then when the title popped up, people were laughing quite a bit.

9. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

^That's too bad. I know the premise is silly (although it shouldn't be any more silly than aliens attacking Washington DC like they usually do) but the trailer looks pretty intriguing to me. Also, Harrison Ford looks so natural in a western setting, it makes me surprised he hasn't been cast in westerns more often.

10. Captain Craig

There is a new poster courtesy of Empire.
    [​IMG]

11. Captain Craig

Cowboys and Aliens will be upping it's awareness factor during the SuperBowl this year.

The spot is confirmed.
    The fact that they are "cutting the trailer right now" is an optimistic sign to me that this SuperBowl trailer is going to have new footage from the one released back in late November. Can't wait!!

12. Captain Craig

13. Captain Craig

Newest spot since the SuperBowl to air this Thursday, 4/14, during American Idol for Cowboys & Aliens.

I don't watch AI so I'll be checking online to see what the new trailer looks like.

Everything up to this point looks like it'll be a fun movie!

14. Trekker4747

You'd think they would've aired the trailer last night during Oliva Wilde's return to House.

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

16. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Oooooooooh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

17. Captain Craig

Monday saw the release of the all new domestic poster for Cowboys & Aliens.

[​IMG]

Today, Tuesday, they unveiled the new international poster for the film.

[​IMG]

I don't get it, do they not think the North American market would like a pretty lady on the poster?! :cool:

Still slated to open July 29th

18. Trekker4747

Indeed, Olivia Wilde on a poster=gold. But I do like the look of the NA poster more, but sheesh what's with the lens flares these days?

19. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know this is done a lot with movie posters, but I'm going to ask it anyway: why aren't the actor's names lined up with the appropriate actor on the international poster? EG, why is Daniel Craig's name next to Olivia Wilde, Harrison Ford's name with Daniel Craig, and Olivia Wilde's name with Harrison Ford?

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

While there's no such thing as too much Olivia Wilde, I prefer the look of the North American poster, too.
    The order in which names appear are a matter of which actor has top billing. The folks who put together the posters have nothing to do with that sort of stuff. It's more likely that the art people slap the poster together, and then the marketing people put the title, tagline, cast list, release date, etc., over the artwork.