Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I'd say "spoilers", but chances are (based on his history) that Screed is going to like Endgame!

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've rewritten the ending in the fanfiction forum at least 10 times.

3. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Hope he does!
    I can't say much without giving away spoilers. XD

4. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Yeah I decided I'm going to write one soon.

I love all of the different Endgame versions people come up with. I'm the typical J/C fan who loves fanfiction where they end up together though. :p:p

5. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

This show has gotten away from me the last couple weeks with all my schoolwork. I'm on spring break now, so I've got a lot more time. Assuming nothing comes up, I should be able to finish Voyager tonight!!! I've got 3 episodes left, so at the very least I should be able to watch the episode before Endgame.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

OOooooooo!!!

We'll be here, waiting.

7. AdmiralScreed

I have finished Star Trek Voyager.

Time to digest what I just watched. My thoughts and opinions to follow......

8. Guy Gardener

If the world ends, if this is the final sign of the Apocalypse, because you finished Voyager... I hate you.

9. AdmiralScreed

Well if that happens, then I am quite honored to have played such an important role in the destruction of the planet. :p

10. AdmiralScreed

Renaissance Man: Okay, it is really, REALLY difficult for be to overlook the Doctor's continuing violations of Janeway's orders in this episode. About every action he takes is a mistake. The fact that he isn't seriously, SERIOUSLY reprimanded in the end is absurd and really pushes the legitimacy of the command structure. When an officer can get away with as much as the Doctor can, what does that say about the authority of the Captain? Either she has no real power......or she just picks favorites. If Paris had done everything that the Doctor did, Janeway would have without a doubt have thrown him in the brig.
    Redeeming qualities?.......well, the fast pace is nice. The visuals are great and there's plenty of excitement from start to finish. I didn't mind seeing the hierarchy aliens again, even if they're some of the most ridiculous looking bad guys.......also, the Doctor's confessions at the end earn this episode an extra point....
    6/10, and that's a generous score.

The final review will be up tomorrow after I've digested Endgame some more. I'll say this for now, it's NOWHERE near as bad as some folks tried to lead me to believe it was.

11. teacake

Towel?

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Don't you mean "Tissue"?:devil:

13. teacake

Hey, it's a big finale. Didn't you see the fireworks over the bridge?

14. AdmiralScreed

Ummmm......I wish I needed one, but no, actually. More about that tomorrow after I collect my thoughts some more...

And plus, if I wrote up a review right now this thread would be dead in no time. After this review is written, what reason will anyone have to come back to this thread??? It's been running for one year and 3 months, with some gaps of inactivity in there. After this review......well, I may have to become a regular around these parts since I no longer have to worry about reading spoilers in the other Voyager threads.

15. teacake

But we love a contentless thread here, just waiting to be filled up with dribble. I'd be more surprised if this thread disappeared than if it didn't.

16. tighr

You and I have disagreed in the past, but I have this to say about Endgame:

It's not as bad as people think it is, but it is, without a doubt, one giant friggin deus ex machnia. There is literally no other way to describe it.

Now that you've finished, any thoughts on my comments in post #1831? Joe Carey got royally hosed. Janeway had ever opportunity to choose THAT point in time to go back in time; instead she waited until after he had died. Plus, had they gone with the Ensign Kim death, TPTB could have had her go back to that point anyway, and the series ends with a Kim who is alive and well. Would have been a better ending, I think, as long as they're going for the "screw it, let's end the show with time travel" route. It's not like the Kim we've known and loved is the original Kim anyway, the real Ensign Kim died back in season 2 episode "Deadlock" along with real Naomi.

17. Guy Gardener

Deus Ex Machina?

Joe Carey would disagree.

18. teacake

He's the sacrificial oil that keeps the gears going.

19. tighr

Yeah, sorry. I was in the middle of a post edit when you sniped me. My thoughts on Carey above.

20. Guy Gardener

Kathryn could have gone back and saved every one if she took the time find a more reliable method of time travel or just followed Voyager around from Caretaker under Cloak... Hours, maybe minutes before anyone was destined to die, she would replace them with a robot and then Admiral Janeway could much later revive all the saved crewman from transporter stasis after her ship, and Voyager got to the Alpha Quadrant, which hopefully wouldn't muddle the timeline too badly. Sure it's a new timeline literally, but the corner stones of history up to the point she went back would remain identical.

Look the fuck at what THEBILLMURRAY could do with enough foreknowledge in Groundhog Day. Meanwhile Janeway takes all that power from knowing exactly what's going to happen next and she flushes it down the toilet by steering history into uncharted waters so that she's immediately just as ignorant as everybody else.