My Enterprise 3D "Sketch"

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cjohnson1701, May 2, 2013.

1. Cjohnson1701

Cjohnson1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hey everybody, Im kinda new here to the BBS. I can't seem to find the introduction topic center.... So this post is going to double as an introduction to me and my current side project.

So without further ado, here's some WIP's!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Welcome aboard!

Interesting design. I always like to see people's own re-imaginings of the classic E.

--Alex

3. Cjohnson1701

Thank you Albertese,

On that note though what do find intresting about my design?

Because I wasn't looking at any reference. I just mashed together my memories of the TOS, Refit and the JJPrise together.

Also I checked out your website, nice work! If you dont mind I would like to point out though that the specular/reflection on the can is off though... What 3D software do you use?

4. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

I like that it takes the elements I like from the JJ-prise and slides the "wacko-proportion-o-meter" toggle back towards the original lines a bit. Also, the really wide windows around the saucer are an interesting choice. In fact, I kinda dig the more structural looking saucer rim also. There's something about the pylons I don't quite care for, but I can't put my finger on it exactly.

As for my website stuff... thanks! You're kind. I actually don't use ANY kind of 3d-Software. I have Sketchup, Blender, and Hexagon all downloaded and ready to go but I have never managed to make the time to actually learn how to use them. The soda can you're seeing is 2-D logo art work which I used Photoshop's very limited 3-D functions to map onto one of their stock objects. All of the lighting is the stock stuff. There is no attempt at accurate reflections or any such stuff. I'm really more of a 2-D guy at heart anyway...

--Alex

5. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

^^ now this is technobabble! :lol:

6. Cjohnson1701

New WIP's, Got really inspired by Greg's Nacelles from the renegade V14.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I love new takes on the old girl

8. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Nice work!!!!