Burn Notice: Season 4 - Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Spies don't get fired; they get burned. Michael Westen receives a "burn notice" while on assignment in Nigeria. Dumped in his Miami hometown with no money or resources to his name, Michael works as a freelance spy/private investigator to fund his investigation into who burned him and why.

2. Aragorn

[​IMG]

To stop an impending terrorist threat, Michael is drawn into a rather dubious alliance. He also helps Sam and Fiona run interference between a lawyer and lawless biker gang.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Cool! Can't wait to see this. I've missed it.

4. Aragorn

Well the biker gang case was pretty lame, and they sure wasted a Michael Ironside appearance, but hopefully the actual spy plot goes somewhere. Looks like they also added a fifth name to the main cast list (the guy who Michael got burned).

5. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

God, I hope next week's episode has more going for it. I agree the biker plot was pathetic but then so was the arms dealer plot. What a waste.

Seasons 1 and 2 are the only ones I've enjoyed.

I guess all I can do is hope someone rehires the old writers.

6. auntiehill

Some of the biker stuff was a bit...lame, frankly, and yes, they completely wasted (no pun intended) Michael Ironside's appearance.

However, there were some things set up in this one that look like they will pay off interestingly in the next episode.

This, overall, was just average, but I think it was clearly just set up for what's to come.

7. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

At the beginning I was hoping for a whole "mythology"-episode with Michael and his new friend, then came the robin hood plot of the week with the poor man's biker gang (has none of the writers ever seen an episode of Sons of Anarchy?)... meh.
    I guess the show is just too episodic for me which is a shame because I love all of the characters.

8. SlyCardie

SlyCardie Commander Red Shirt

I really liked the episode actually. And I like the character of Vaughn, I think they could do a lot with him revealing info to Michael over the course of the season.

The double mac10 scene was awesome.

9. Aragorn

[​IMG]

Michael meets the guy he accidentally helped burn, Jesse Porter.

10. auntiehill

Not bad. I liked this one better than last week's.

11. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Didn't catch today's episode yet, but the last one... yeech. This is the first time I've ever not finished an episode of Burn Notice. Just terrible in almost every way possible. I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe this show is done.

12. Aragorn

This one was leaps and bounds better than the season premiere, but it's probably something they can't and won't do every week. Granted, it was the formula -- 90% job, 10% spy burn stuff -- only the job was also spy stuff. So they definitely won't be able to maintain the high of this episode.

13. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Good episode. I hope having Jesse around means more spy burn stuff, 4 seasons in I'm getting impatient when it comes to that story arc...

14. SlyCardie

SlyCardie Commander Red Shirt

I think we're going to see more spy stuff too. We're seeing Vaughn with all sort of interactions with Michael and I think the encounter with Sam Fisher in the premiere shows that Michael can still hold his own in the field and they'll be using them a bunch. Sure looks like Jesse is involved if you watch the previews for this week's episode.s

My problem with that would be that I'm not sure how much they can keep Sam and Fi around if it;s all Mike trying to get back from being burned...I thought they were both on point in the season premiere.

15. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The more they talk about renditioning people into secret offshore prisons, the more it reminds us of real world villainy. It make Mike a disgusting human being for wanting to get back into the game. This is particularly true since there isn't a shred of evidence that Mike's commando shenanigans, as opposed to actual intelligence collection and analysis, has ever done anything except cause misery to its victims and blowback damage to the US. Going further down that road isn't attractive.

16. Aragorn

[​IMG]

When dangerous mobsters threaten a port worker, Michael takes on the case. With Jesse, Michael also looks for intel on an underground-artillery operation.

17. auntiehill

Hmm. I'm interested to see how things work out with Jesse. I'm assuming at some point Jesse will figure out or be told that Michael is the one who burned him.

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Normally I don't mind the larger mythology storylines each season, but this one isn't really doing much for me.

"We've got to find out who released Simon" just doesn't seem all that compelling a mission to me so far.

Although the idea of Michael being teamed up with another burned spy does have potential, so hopefully that will be a bit more interesting...

19. Aragorn

The last time he teamed up with a burned spy was Michael Shanks.

Have any of the villains from the standalone job episodes ever come back? Because this seems like the perfect guy who would return to seek revenge on Sam.

20. auntiehill

There was that one white-haired guy from the airport hanger---can't remember his name. And then there was Larry, the Tim Matheson character. He was in two episodes, I think, but not back to back.

They need to have another baddie come back for vengeance. Miami isn't THAT big, after all. It would only make sense that some people would eventually come looking for him.