Grimm (NBC) Season 1 Discussion *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Nov 4, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally got caught up on the last couple episodes, and I swear this shows just keeps getting better and also creepier with each episode. I wonder if they keep purposefully going for people who have done fantasy/sci-fi stuff before. In just two episodes we had Amy Acker (Angel, Alias) and Valerie Cruz (The Dresden FIles) guest starring, and Sasha Roiz (Caprica) is a regular.

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And Amy Acker wades into the ring . . . .

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Grimm is new Friday Feb 24th 2012. :)

S1 EP12 "Last Grimm Standing"
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9nNzANZlrc[/yt]

Promo

Can't wait! :D

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok, is it a requirement that every modern fantasy show has to have a fight club episode or something? But even if it's been done to death I am looking forward to Grimm's take on the concept.

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently it's the law.

6. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

The first two episodes have been fun - sort of Buffy-lite. Wish there was a book licence... I'd give it a go.

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Take 15 extra minutes a day and write some fan-fic! :D I kid. ;)

8. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Fanfic doesn't pay...

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Awww...what about the free love? :( LOL ;)

[edit] For tonight...

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Ugh...this ep was ok. Juliette is useless...they got to find something for her other than the angsty girlfriend...or kill her off. As usual Monroe is great and I like Hank alot more too. Next week looks like it might be good. :lol:

11. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So, Grimm has been hiding any further affiliation with Munroe from Hank. Yet tonight he casually mentions that Munroe found a lead to the fighting matches and Hank makes no comment about it. Also, the combatants are being fed the remains of dead combatants, WTF are the cops going to think of this?

ETA: Next week smoke monster man makes an appearance on yet another genre show.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the overall plot was OK, but I really liked the stuff we got from the Captain. I'm curious to see exactly what they're setting up with his arc.

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked it - good combo of character/story development, worldbuilding and action.

The girlfriend stuff was ham-handed. Couldn't Nick explain that he'd just been involved in a huge bust of a hideous operation happening right on the outskirts of Portland, that kidnapped homeless people and drug dealers and forced them to fight to the death? She'll be hearing about it on the news in any case.

Can you imagine how big that story would be? That's not the kind of thing that happens every day, even in someplace like New York City, let alone Portland. If anything's going to take priority over an anniversary dinner, I'd say that qualifies. And anyway, he did make it home that night.

Of course all sorts of weird shit has been in the news lately. Juliette should be less concerned about the future of her relationship with Nick and more concerned about the frighteningly accelerating breakdown of society, of which Portland seems to be the epicenter. :rommie:

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

i actually thought that they were Grimms in the beginning.

I mean, what's he going to do when some other Grimm's roll into town and slaughter a few hundred monsters from one side of the town to the other which look like regular people?

hunt his own kind?

15. Temis the Vorta

Now there's an idea! :bolian:

It's nice that the morality of this show is far from pat. Some Weissen (is that the right spelling?) are bad, some are innocent and deserve protection. Nick can't just take the attitude of hunting them all down, and might be in the position of needing to protect the innocent ones from human authorities. Monroe for starters, but there will be more.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I read somewhere that he was supposed to run into another Grimm, or at least someone who knows about Grimms, in an upcoming episode.

17. Guy Gardener

What happens to a cow vermin species when their natural predators are "removed'?

(I'm talking about humans.)

In Universes where there is a predator species culling us back at such an extraordinary rate, you would have to think that without a predator species keeping things in check that humanity would quickly drown in its own shit.

Maybe the road toll, and heroin ods stats were inflated, hell mmaybe they even made up this bullshit about cigerettes giving poepel cancer just to explain away all the hundreds of thousands of dead bodes every year?

People, tribbles... No difference.

18. ReedEnterprise

ReedEnterprise Captain Captain

So far I love this show. A few pieces of episodes I got lost here and there but it was very easy for me to catch up. Good premise.

19. Temis the Vorta

Did Guy just call me a cow vermin? :rommie:

20. Guy Gardener