AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2012

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

I heard this on the IGN Keepin' it Reel Podcast the other day and a listener sent in a what if question regarding Agent Coulson somehow dying and being brought back later on (maybe in a sequel) as Vision 'through the combination of Stark's hologram tech and the artificial intelligence Jarvis based on Coulson's mind.' Clark Greg even looks right for the role. What do you guys think if something like this happened?

The amount of characters is already kind of cluttered, but I think it would be pretty cool.

2. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

So we're near half of 2011 and the release date is 2012 (summer or winter?).

That gives them about a year to year and a half to do the whole movie from beginning to end and isn't that a bit cutting it close?

This is no arthouse flick with mainly dialogue and some cheap sets that can be done in a few months.. i'm fully prepared for a push back in release date especially since all the Marvel movies lately have been pushing towards Avengers.

Anyone know about a timetable or when they're starting principal photography? Up thread there's mentioning of Ruffallo soon beginning to film his Banner/Hulk scenes but apparently Whedon isn't even done with the script yet.

I don't think so.. Coulson has proven be be quite popular and that idea is frankly.. shit. If Vision is to be in the Avengers movie he will most likely get a new and adapted background since Pym will only have a cameo and Ultron isn't mentioned at all (but would make for a good main villain). I think Coulson is needed to ground the whole movie in a sort of realism.. the superheroes as the powerful speartip but Shield/normal humans form the basis and Coulson could be the stand in for all the Shield personell.

3. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

that IGN listener sounds like the kinda stupid fanboy that should never be allowed any where NEAR a PC's word editor. god knows what kinda BS fanfic they've created.

if Vision were to appear - which wouldn't be until a sequel at least - it would either be as a Pym-built android or an adaptation of Ultimate Vision - an alien construct.

as for shooting, according to a bit on Newsarama, Joe Q said it started shooting in March and according to stuff from December, prinicpal photography starts in April to run until September. that's according to stuff cited on the Avengers (2012 movie) page on wikipedia

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

In an interview Chris Hemsworth mentions that Natalie Portman will have a brief role in Avengers.

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Yay!

8. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

So it's off.. principal filming started today. No turning back and here's to a bloody gorgeous spectacle full of awesome moments, witty one liners and memorable characters

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/04/25/avengers-filming-joss-whedon/

I only gotta hear and see this one scene.. "AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!" (i'll be the guy in the theatre who'll go apeshit when this scene appears :lol:)

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

SlashFilm has posted a copy of the press release along with a tounge in cheek picture released by Marvel.

[​IMG]

Now that filming is underway it's only a matter of time till on set spy photos start making the rounds!!

10. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

That's a pretty cool picture! :D

I'm very excited to see what Joss Whedon is gonna come up with.

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I don't know much about the Avengers, but I'm definitely excited to see what Joss comes up with.

He's already had experience juggling lots of characters in shows before, so I'm not really concerned about that aspect.

12. Turtletrekker

OK, so now it seems as if Loki will be appearing in the Avengers after all.

And despite rumors to the contrary, it seems that Natalie Portman's Jane Foster won't be appearing in Avengers.

13. Argus Skyhawk

Argus Skyhawk Commodore Commodore

I didn't find anything at that link indicating Portman would not be in it. Was the news somewhere else?

14. Turtletrekker

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

The concept of this movie is what's going to lock me into seeing it. Outside of the Hulk, who for reasons everyone already knows has been recast yet again. I find it really fascinating that we're getting characters from what is essentially four different movies combined into one film. I'm pretty sure this is the first time this has happened, correct me if I'm wrong. That fact alone is making this a must see for me.

On top of that I'm really intrigued with what Whedon is going to bring to the table, as he hasn't had a crack at a feature film since Serenity a few years back, I hope this is the film that will allow him to break into Hollywood.

16. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't know the reasons. All I've read is a very unprofessional statement quoted to Kevin Feige. Since it's so blatantly unprofessional, I can't take it seriously. It's also pretty vague. Could mean anything.

17. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Fair enough, but it still bugs me that Norton put all that effort into the character of Banner only to be recast.

18. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

If Norton had just realized his services as actor didn't give him final cut on the film he probably would have been brought back. Frankly I find it refreshing that Marvel didn't give into the little prima donna's ego trip. If they didn't take it from Terrence Howard no reason they should have to take it off of Edward Norton.

19. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Norton brought the best parts to his Hulk film.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Norton also co-wrote the movie.

I was really looking forward to seeing him play Banner/Hulk again. :sigh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.