TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Welcome to all of you!

Felicia, you sound like my sister. She was always so into Data! Subversive, drop by the P/C thread if you haven't already. Oh, and I liked Sub Rosa too. :)

2. Subversive

Subversive Ensign Newbie

I'm glad there's another Sub Rosa fan out there! I did drop by there just now. The P/C crowd here seems to be pretty nice, I think I'm going to like it here. :)

3. Bev_Crusher

Bev_Crusher Commander Red Shirt

Hi everyone!!! Im Bev_Crusher (my real name is my profile; please, don't use my second name, spanish speakers!!) and I'm 15. does that make me the youngest here??
    Anyway, I started watching TNG when I was 12 or 13, and continued till it was taken of the air :mad:. I can't tell you what seasons I watched because the episodes weren't shown in order, except for double ones. I know this, because how else can I have watched "The Naked Now" (ep. 2 of season 1) but not episodes 1, 3, 4, 5...
    I liked all the characters, including Wesley Crusher. As you can see, though, Beverly is one of my favourites, I admire her a lot.
    I don't have just one favourite episode, but if I had to pick just one to watch, it would be "Attached" (yes, I'm a P/C shipper).
    I quite like the movies, though parts of Insurrection annoyed me intensley.
    Could someone explain how the lounge sistem works, please? I don't really understand it and I don't want to bother the moderators with my questions :angel:.

4. Ohappydagger

Ohappydagger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Look another Bev-head! Welcome, Bev, you are in good company here. :thumbsup:

Re the lounges, you move through the lounges as your post count increases. I guess you're in the Lower Decks now and I think there's a Captain's lounge next? Then Flaptains, Commodores and up to the various Admirals. The number of posts required to move to the next lounge are in the FAQ, I think. There's also a Questions & Suggestions forum toward the bottom of the main page where you can ask questions such as these and get better answers than the somewhat un-helpful one I just gave. :lol:

5. Rikerbabe

Rikerbabe Commodore Commodore

^ You forgot the Commanders' Lounge...can't forget them! :)

6. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Hey Bev!

Indeed, come say hi in the Lower Decks lounge. You can find it at the bottom of the index page. I'm there, and there are mods in there that would be happy to answer your questions. Or you can PM me if you want to know something specific.

We've also got a P/C thread here in TNG. :)

7. Bev_Crusher

Bev_Crusher Commander Red Shirt

Erm...whereabouts on the index page? It just desn't seem to show up. I'm really sorry about all the questions, but my computer is driving me mad!!!!
    I've seen the P/C thread, I'll post as soon as I finsh reading it.

8. AstroMike

AstroMike Captain Captain

I'm 36 years old and work as a Science Teacher/Assistant-Principal in Texas. I do some educational training for NASA and had an opportunity to apply to be an Educator Astronaut a few years ago (obviously I got cut, but it was still pretty cool just getting my foot in the door and hope to give it another shot next year). I am also and Aerospace Education Officer for the Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxillary). I'm a huge fan of the Dallas Cowboys, Houston Astros(thus my username), and San Antonio Spurs.

I started watching TOS back when the animateds were airing on Sat morning on NBC back in the day. I love TOS, NG, and Ent. My favorite characters are Riker, Trip, and Archer. My favorite NG episodes are TBOBW, The Pegasus, Second Chances, A Matter of Honor, Yesterday's Ent, The Last Outpost, The Inner Light, 11001001, and Future Imperfect.

9. Gold Grizzly

Gold Grizzly Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't really understand why the lounges aren't showing up for you, but this link should take you right there.

10. USS Canadys

USS Canadys Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

USS Canadys, 32.

New Yawker, lifelong Trek fan. Love TNG in particular. Can learn to live with some Voyager eps. Love DS9 and miss the shit out of Enterprise..

Need a Trek movie to come out soon.

That's about it. :)

11. The Sneeze Police

The Sneeze Police Captain Captain

I am older than dirt, and the proof is that I remember the TOS on TV in its original run.

I loved TNG. When it premiered, I lived in a cooperative living situation, and I shared the one and only TV with several other guys who preferred sports. I had to fight tooth and nail (being a girl), to watch the show each week.

I loved Drs. Crusher & Pulaski, since I am a female and in medicine.

I've never been to a convention, but I went to the Smithsonian when it had a ST exhibit.

12. Hugo Rune

Hugo Rune Vice Admiral Admiral

I still remember the disgust on my mothers face after the end of Encounter at Farpoint, and (for an 8 year old) the happiness I felt of finding something cool for myself.

After getting an ear bashing from the maternal unit for enjoying the pilot she forced me to sit and watch TOS with her, which I just soaked up.

I was a Trek Fan! And she came around to TNG too... eventually!

Hugo

13. MAGENTA

MAGENTA Ensign Red Shirt

HI,Im 36yrs old and LOVE TNG!!!My absolute favourite character is WORF!!!I love that he is good looking(seriously)and tall with the sexiest voice ever!
    I love how the klingons are a warrior race and have a great sense of honor.To die in battle is the greatest honor.
    I like Data and Picard also.I have watched TNG from the begining and love the firm rules of the Federation.The uniforms are great,I like the senior officer red ones.
    I think when the borg made their presense known things got really exiting.I loved the 'First Contact' movie,absolutely wicked!I can watch it over and over!I like DS9 second then voyager.

14. Gold Grizzly

Gold Grizzly Vice Admiral Admiral

A general welcome to all who have posted in this thread. If you have any suggestions to improve the TNG forum specifically then feel free to make them in this thread. :)

15. malcontent13

malcontent13 Captain Captain

ummmm im new here. new to the trek world... my boyfriend loves it so im trying to get into it more.. but im a TNG lover and he loves DS9... so were screwed i guess...

im 19. i live in ontario....

i love picard and data...

i love the ship...

i love the uniforms...

16. CompCarp

CompCarp Commodore Commodore

41 years old - and I have all TNG eps on DVD, and watch one almost every evening.

17. DanielFullard

DanielFullard Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Im 20 years old and Im just starting to get into TNG

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm just about 30. Just got back into star trek since I was a Teenager.

My favorite Character is Riker, Data and Worf.

I might be the only one who enjoys Ens. Crusher. Always wondered why he was never in any films, except for a small part in STX.

Still Contemplating if I should buy the DVD Box sets.

I'm kind of a closet trekkie. I'm more into Gadgets and Turntablism. Anyone finds out of my Fascination with Star Trek, my DJ life is over! haha.

19. FallfromGrace

FallfromGrace Cadet Newbie

im about 15 years old, and only gotten into the series when there was nothing else on but the Spike reruns

picard and data are my favourite characters...

20. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm nearly 20 years old, and have been a TNG fan since I knew what television was.