Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. MGagen

MGagen Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just saw Gambit on TCM the other night, too. In addition to Moss, it also has TOS alums:

Roger C. Carmel -- Harry Mudd

John Abbot -- Ayelborne

and, in a one line cameo near the end:

Vic Tayback -- Krako

It was like Trek Old Home Week. And not a bad caper film, either.

M.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Ah, I tuned in late and missed a couple of those. And I thought that was Krako near the end . . ..

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  3. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I Spy season 1: "Court of the Lion" - Miko Mayama (Yoeman Tamura in "A Taste of Armageddon") as a poor Japanese fishing village girl in trouble.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Alexander Mundy encounters Michael Strong with an outrageous Russian accent in It Takes a Thief's season 2 opener, "Saturday Night in Venice".

[​IMG]

5. CRM-114

CRM-114 Captain Captain

6. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Interestingly enough, wasn't that actress who played 'Inga' Brooke Bundy, I think her name is, who was the Enterprise D's Chief Engineer for one episode of The Next Generation?

Not TOS, but just interesting! :)

7. CRM-114

CRM-114 Captain Captain

Higher up the thread, someone mentioned Catherine (Natira) Woodville's appearance in the first episode of The Avengers entitled "Hot Snow". The first part of the episode can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsqcAkSJlxY

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  8. CRM-114

CRM-114 Captain Captain

Yup, that's her!

9. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Brooke Bundy was SO freakin pretty! Yet another 60s chick I had a big crush on.

10. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

And another Mannix twofer! Jeff Corey (The Cloud Minders) as a stuffy psychiatrist, and Jay Robinson (Elaan of Troyius) in a wild performance as the bugfug crazy serial killer.

[​IMG]

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  11. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

Both Corey and Robinson show up all over the place in the 60s/70s...

12. CRM-114

CRM-114 Captain Captain

Here's Jeff (Plasus) Corey in a segment of Night Gallery called "The Dead Man", which also featured Louise (Rayna Kapec) Sorel:

[​IMG]

13. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been watching Mission:Impossible Season 1 specifically to play spot-the-Trek-actor, and, man it has not disappointed. Nearly every episode in Mission Season 1 has someone from TOS Season 1 in it, which makes me think that guest actors were signed to do the Trek/Mission double (to save money at cash-strapped Desilu perhaps?).

Anyway, the most interesting thing for me so far was discovering that two Enterprise crew were actual IMF agents, not guest villains or whatever, but actually on the undercover team! The two actors to have the distinction of being both Starfleet officers and IMF agents are George Takei, and Eddie "Mr. Leslie" Paskey.

14. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Yup - I also recently saw Corey on Barney Miller as an Amish man.

15. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mission : Impossible
    "The Carriers"
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    George Takei's first mission with the IMF will be his last if he is exposed by co-star Barry "Giotto" Russo.

CRM-114 likes this.
  16. EnsignHarper

He also did another Barney as an elderly ex-con who commits a crime because he can't cope with the outside world.

Outside of James Gregory, William Windom and Corey, I am hard pressed to remember another TOS actor who appeared on Barney. Barney Miller had its own little roster of bit players who they used about once or twice a year each as various perps/victims. People like Candy Azzara, Phil Leeds , and especially Ken Tigar, who played a nut who thought he was a werewolf - and then later was possessed, and another who thought he was Christ.

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Do you count the TOS movies? George Murdock ("God" from ST V, as well as Admiral Hanson in TNG) had a recurring role as Lt. Scanlon of Internal Affairs.

Looking over IMDb's cast list for the series, I also find Vic Tayback, Ed McCready Jay Robinson, Meg Wyllie, Janet MacLachlan, Jon Lormer, Ian Wolfe, Michael Pataki, and Victor Brandt. And if we count the movies, there's Alex Henteloff, Christopher Lloyd, Roger Aaron Brown, and Allan Miller.

And it has gone the other way a couple of times. Gregory Sierra was in DS9's "Second Skin" and Ron Glass was in VGR's "Nightingale." Guest stars who did both Barney and modern Trek include David L. Lander, Kenneth Tigar, Kenneth Mars, Stefan Gierasch, K Callan, James Cromwell, Robert Costanzo, Nehemiah Persoff, Richard Libertini, Barry Gordon, Stanley Kamel, Joanna Miles, Tricia O'Neil, Warren Munson, Alan Oppenheimer, and Earl Boen.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Barney's in our dinnertime rotation of half hour shows to watch while eating. We watch one whole disk, one ep a night, then rotate to another show. It's a couple of months between Barney Miller disks, but even at that my wife and I find ourselves saying saying "HIM again!" (or her) all the time. :lol:

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  19. EnsignHarper

20. EnsignHarper

BRAVO - I had forgotten about all those.... Lormer, in fact, is IN the episode "Werewolf".....

I was much more aware of the TNG guests who had done Barney. Of course some of THOSE have been on just about everything also. Tigar's IMDB list is ridiculously long, as is Oppenheimer's.