X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

From about 1:00 to about 1:20.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbFw8WmDStI[/yt]

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I kind of remember that. It seems really stupid to me. Thats not surprising, seeing as it came from Origins.

3. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

No, outside of Origins there is no reference to him having claws before the adamantium in the films that have been released so far. In fact, X2's Stryker claims to be the one who gave Wolverine claws.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm sure their only reason for having Logan be born before the Civil War in Origins was simply because someone thought "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if Logan fought in the Civil War?" :p

5. Xavier_Storma

Xavier_Storma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What are you talking about. That intro sequence is among the best I have ever seen! :bolian:

6. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The film starts in 1845.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's been a while since I've seen it, but wasn't one of the main plots in Origins that Creed was becoming more and more the mindless killer as time went on? Perhaps the idea was that by the time of X1 he had almost totally degenerated to a point where he doesn't remember his past or the person he was.

That or Stryker or some other nutcase with a lab did something to him to "enhance" his mutation, along similar lines to what Beast did to himself in FC?

Honestly I don't see it as a *direct* contradiction.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Introducing the new Mystique makeup technique.

A body suit since Jennifer Lawrence said the makeup gave her blisters

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/jennifer-lawrence-talks-mystique-bodysuit

[​IMG]

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jennifer looks fantastic.

10. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

If that's the body suit, I don't even see a difference to the makeup. Lookin' good!

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Marketing is going to be interesting. All those Oscar winners and nominees. :)

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I was thinking the very same thing! I have no idea how they did this. We see her navel and it does not look like an extra layer has been added to her body.

13. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like they might have left an opening down the front for the sake of allowing her breasts to sit more naturally and revealing her navel. Though there does seem to be a seam at right around collar height, so I'm not sure how that works.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Since she mentioned it went to the neck I focused there as well and felt I could faintly make out the seam of the suit. In action it won't be noticeable though.

Maybe its more of a two piece instead of bodysuit, as some said, that sure looks like her navel. Still not sure where the seams would be next or where the break in the bodysuit would occur, as some suggested to reveal the navel. At the scales perhaps? That way the seam is disguised there?

That's more thought than I care to put into this "costume" really. I just want an awesome DOFP movie!!! The costume I really want would be Mystique in her more traditional white dress or even white body suit, both with skull emblazoned belt. Why can't we get that? We have variations of other "true" comic outfit translations.

15. kirk55555

Yeah, I'd like to see the classic costume too. Its never been a huge deal, but I don't like her "naked" movie look. It was stupid the first time I saw it in X1, and its still stupid. It doesn't take away from the story or character, but am definately not a fan of the look.

16. Xavier_Storma

You mean you want those ugly yellow costumes? Come on seriously? I mean COME ON SERIOUSLY?

They are horrible. No, they should stay away from them as far as possible. I liked their suits in FIRST CLASS.

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^^^^^
    You clearly missed the whole sentence about her WHITE dress costume or WHITE bodysuit.

[​IMG]

18. kirk55555

Like captain Craig said, we're talking about her classic look. I think it could be done well in live action, and it looks cool, much better than her naked look.

19. Xavier_Storma

Nah... maybe it is because I am a fan of the films and AFTER watching X1 to X3 checked a few comics (none of them every captured the movie spirit IMHO... yes there are people who love the (Fo)X-Men movies). I like the naked Mystique and always wondered why they put that white costume on her in the comics... :p

20. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

The white dress is her iconic look. I know they've put her in various red and black things in recent years, but you show that picture to anyone who has ever read an x-men comic or watched the 90s cartoon and they know exactly who it is. If you just have her as a naked blue chick, she isn't nearly as recognizable.

In general, the scales and greased back orange hair have never done it for me.