The Official Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Lord Garth, Sep 21, 2007.

1. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

hi I'm newish here - always knew there people out there (I do mean way out here!) who love Star Trek as much as I have for the last 30ush years. waering bi-focals now - no near-sighted pills yet! an adopted Korean-American I am intrigued by the Vulcan-Romulan issue and appreciate the extra insight so many talented authors have added to both cultures which face it - seem really cool. never met a Trek franchise I didn't like, the last couple movies barely worth $10 but hope springs eternal and of course will throw my money at the new one! would pound on the gates of hell to retrieve any of the Trek captains but J.T. Kirk - I would let him stew a little - I do like Janeway and Archer. always partial to the engineers like Torres and Scotty and Trip - enjoy the fact that Cardassians consider it a woman's job!

2. NASAFan

NASAFan Ensign Red Shirt

Hi, everyone. I've signed up a couple of years ago, started to post here and got tied up in life a bit. (Mainly the job). I'm one of the original Trekkers from the '60's and followed all variations of the show. I do modeling - yes some Trek modeling as well. Since the new movie, I've come back to rejoin my roots here. I too have high hopes for this new movie! I hope it succeeds since I like to see a new series based upon the original characters.

On the side I run a Tactical/Scenario Paintball forum. I love going around shooting people and then having a beer with them later! All in good fun.

3. weekendbiggs

weekendbiggs Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I guess i ought to post here. I found trek when i was 6 (1999) watched TNG when I was little, then I went back and watched TOS, best years of my life. Watched every episode of all the shoot-offs DS9, VOY, ENT. Heard a rumor about a new movie, so the first thing that popped up when I googled "star trek forums" was this site.... so, here i am. :)

4. troisboobs

troisboobs Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm new here, and I was trying to avoid watching the trailer for the new movie because I knew I'd get so excited and want to watch it right away, but I just watched it on youtube and nearly shit myself! I'm so excited!

5. SupAJ1M

SupAJ1M Lieutenant

6. deliciouscake

deliciouscake Ensign Newbie

Word up guys. I am new here but not to the fandom--currently rediscovering my childhood love for all things Trek, thanks to a trekkie boyfriend :)

7. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey All!

:) Hi! Stating the obvious -I'm new here. I live in New Zealand, and have been a longtime Trek fan. I'm looking forward to the new Trek XI movie.

As much as I love Trek, and all things Trek, my bent is towards Trek starships - from every era and of every design. My all-time favourite design is the Refit Enterprise (TMP). The new Enterprise (as shown in various Trek XI trailers) looks awsome, IMO - I love it's look, most likely because it shares much in common with the refit Enterprise.

:) Anywho, enough about me! I look forward to participating in this community and engaging in some great discussions!

:techman:

8. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome to the fun, new people. :)

9. andrewsean1701

andrewsean1701 Ensign Red Shirt

hi there im andy and ive just joined this forum, i was wondering if someone can tell me how to put an avatar on my profile.

thanks and i look forward to any replies. Andy

10. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

^ From the FAQ:

Oh, and welcome to the board, andrewsean1701! :)

11. andrewsean1701

andrewsean1701 Ensign Red Shirt

ah ok no worries thanks dude.

12. LadyPenelope

LadyPenelope Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I suppose I should post in this thread. I'm a new fan, watched a couple of episodes last year and got hooked. It sure is addictive, lol.

Very much looking forward to the new movie. Especially because Quinto is the new Spock, yay.

:)

13. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Welcome to the fun. :)

14. Michael

Welcome to the board, Penelope. Which episodes (of which series) did you watch? :)

15. LadyPenelope

LadyPenelope Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The first ones i watched were in season 2 of Voyager.

Since then I've seen season one of the original series, 1, 2 and 3 of the Next Generation, most of Voyager and all the films.

Wow that is quite a lot when you write it down, lol.

:)

16. Michael

^ Yeah, that's definitely a lot of Trek. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Again, welcome to the fun! Hope to see you around. :)

17. The Shrike

The Shrike Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi everyone, I'm a huge sci fi fan who watched the original series when I was a kid, and have loved Star Trek ever since. I enjoyed TOS, Next Gen, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise without animosity, and some of my favourite characters are: Reg Barclay, Quark, the EMH from Voyager, and last but not least, the delectable Empress Sato.

I'm currently watching the new BSG, Fringe, Dollhouse, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Heroes, True Blood, Dexter, Chuck, Smallville, and Sanctuary.

I'm also a fan of Stargate, Babylon 5, Firefly, X-Files, Space Above and Beyond, Buffy, Angel, Farscape, The Wire, Regenesis, Sliders, Andromeda, American Gothic, The Lone Gunmen, and The Pretender.

My favourite authors are: Dan Simmons (Hyperion cantos), Greg Bear (Forge of God, Anvil of Stars, Moving Mars), Larry Niven (Ringworld), and George R.R. Martin (Song of Ice and Fire).

I've been clunking around the net for a long time, and I even remember stumbling upon this place when it was darker and bluer a few times, but that was many computers ago, so hello again Trek BBS.

18. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Guest

I'd like to bring complete and total closure to the issues I've had with the forum and this thread seems to me like the best opening.

The forum is okay once you know how to navigate the waters. It just takes a lot of effort and isn't something I want to do on a regular basis. But for anyone who actually wants to put in that time, go for it.

I think the key is to remember that a lot of these people are going to want to talk about these things longer you do, so just look for the nearest exit when you're done and let them continue.

19. Roberto

Roberto Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi fellow space cadets! ;)

I'm a fan of almost anything sci-fi related and I also enjoy horror.

20. lynaem

lynaem Cadet Newbie

hi all i'm new here, i'm form Australia and waiting on a phone call to tell mr whether or not i won ticket tp the premier in sydney.

I love zachary quinto he's the only reason i wanted to see the new movie but now i want to see it cos it looks like its going to be really good.