24 - Day 7 - 2:00PM - 3:00PM Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Feb 2, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Good

18 vote(s)
    81.8%
  3. Average

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Bad

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They'll make it look like Jack killed Tony. Then Tony will be alive and no one will ask where his body is while he's walking off into the sunrise with The Incredible Hulk theme playing. Then in the first minute of next season President Taylor will be assassinated and Tony will be blamed for it, but President Bill Buchanan will be on his side.

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Average, eh.

Is Jack really such a fearsome sight that Mugatu or whatever he's named runs away crying just because he shows up in the stairwell with three other people? They sure don't make international terrorists like they used to.

Nice of Mrs. Matobo to start yakking about how JACK BAUER IS GOING TO RESCUE US! in a room that should have been bugged if the terrorists knew what the hell they were doing.

If the First Gentleman (can we just call him the First Husband or something less comical?) makes such a valuable hostage, why did the terrorists ever plan to kill him? Capture him and then kill him later if need be.

Marwan would never have made such amateur mistakes! They all need to go back to Terrorist School.

Sorry, I'm jumping ship. Heroes has got to be better than this. At least Heroes keeps me awake (screaming at the shitty writing). :rommie:

3. Aragorn

If this had been Marwan's plan, he would've anticipated having to abort the plant attack in Nowhere, Ohio, with a secondary plan that would've blown up California's fault lines and send the state into the water. And failing to eliminate the First Gentleman would've had them killing everyone in the House and Senate instead. And while regrouping, they would've blown up the moon, too.

4. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

You just can't keep the Angriest Angel down.

5. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a good thing all FBI agents have Hollywood headshots in their Wiki entries.

Good action, crap everything else. The "suspend your damn disbelief because it's fucking 24!!" part of my brain just self-destructed.

6. Aragorn

Anyone remember about when the show gave up on its real-time pretense? Way too much has happened way to quickly this season. An operation with just three people (originally) to take on shadowy corrupt unknown powerful figures within the government seems awfully hokey, though it comes across as pretty bad-ass considering the hokey MacGuffin devices we've seen on this show.

Imagine the storytelling if, say, Aaron Pierce were one of their team members and Wayne Palmer was the money behind the operation (and someone on the inside in the government who could help them). Or maybe Charles Logan is helping them out trying to atone for his sins (which would create a dynamic between him and Tony being on the same side).

Instead, we get not one but two new regulars in the opening credits who spend their entire episodes sitting in front of a computer and spouting technobabble while bitching about mundane crap.

7. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, I don't understand the purpose of their characters. They might turn out to be useful later but for now I don't see what they're there for.

8. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

Gave it a good. I'd rather just watch Red & Jack go around shooting people. I really don't care about the president or her husband, Sengala or it's people. Redemption was pretty sweet, but we've moved so far away, I feel nothing for that storyline at present.

The CIP device was retarded in its omnipotence and I fear we'll be seeing it again before the seasons out. Notice the device looked pretty intact when Tony "Questionable Loyalties" Almeda picked it up and said, "uh, yeah, it's like totally broken and shit. I'll just slip it into my pocket as a souvenir."

I also can't get over how 99% of the badguys on 24, whether they're absolute fanatical madmen or world-weary mercs, all fight to the friggin' death against ridiculous odds. The second it looked like my side had lost, I'd have dropped my gun, thrown my hands up and yelled "I surrender!" in the Borg Cube Battle. Dubaku can go pick up his own damn CIP device.

Last season had a cool character in the head merc working for Jack's dad who realized he was fighting for money, not a cause, and surrender was a perfectly viable option when faced with Jack Bauer.

Dubaku's girlfriend plotline is going to suck balls, as is First Wizard's unless they wrap it up next time.

-----

Was the first season the only one where there wasn't a conspiracy within the US government to get US citizens killed for some damn reason, which goes practically or all the way to the top? I think that's why the first season was one of the best. I don't give a shit about white house machinations, the shitty day some secondary character's girlfriend is having or the finer points of the 25th Amendment. I just want to watch Jack & Co. kick the shit out of terrorists and agonize over all the collateral damage caused along the way.

Being forced to kill Curtis to save a terrorist and then work with the piece of shit = Good :techman:

Witnessing the screen door on a submarine internal security of the president's inner circle admit coup plotters, conspiracies of the stupid and outright assassins = :brickwall:

Stop the Assassination! Nuke! War! = :techman:

Stop the McGuffin Tech UberNetHack Device #593 = :scream:

Naked Mandy = :drool:

Agent Cougar = :p

On and on ...

9. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In nations with women Presidents like the Republic of the Philippines First Gentleman is the term that is used. I'm sure that a year ago plans were being made what to call President CLinton's husband.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

First Gentleman makes perfect sense. Gentleman being the opposite of Lady and all.

11. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator