The Revolution pilot is online now...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Helicopters that work! and gas that is not stale after 15 years! lol

In the preview for the second half of the season they show someone with a rocket launcher. So all they need to do is take down the Helicopter then the amplifier at least will be destroyed and Monroe is back to square one. Even if he has the pendant he will need another amplifier built. If he could copy that Amp there is only one pendant anyways so he can't have more than one running.

2. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vietnam era Huey with a gunship modification kit. Long before Blackhawk Down the Viet Cong knocked down thousands of Hueys.

3. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gave up on it. Mostly the scripts and dragging things out, but also because I'm not fond of Charlie. Not sure if I don't like the actress or how she's written/directed. So I guess I'm happy I bailed early, despite reading that the show's a "hit."

4. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe a bit of both

i am thinking that her screen test/audition went really well...her crying, if just taken in a screen test, would have been impressive. But when she does that kind of stuff EVERY week, it feels old and whiny.

To me, it's like Wesley Crusher/Wil Wheaton. When they saw him in Stand By Me, at that juncture, he seemed like a perfect Wesley Crusher. But by the time they aired the show, he was a teenager. And stories/situations meant for a 12 year old would seem ridiculous for a full blown teenager. (i..e the episode Justice....yeah, most 15 year old boys would only be interested in playing soccer on a planet of nympho-blondes. Right....)

5. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

All the Black Hawks must be interned in the Georgia Federation and other breakaway republics and Monroe had to settle for Hueys.

Though seriously, UH-1s are easier to come by for Hollywood since ex-military Hueys can be found surplus. And I guess the Army wouldn’t let the “Revolution” production team borrow an UH-60 for filming since most Black Hawks are still in active service.

6. Star Wolf

NCIS just had an episode where the plot was that the Sea Hawk was now so old technology wise that the crew felt justified for mutinying and selling the hijacked helicopter. I don't know if it is scary or that it makes me feel young that Black Hawk battalions where just reaching the Army when I joined.

7. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I strongly suspect in the second half of season 1 or in season 2, if there is one, Maggie Foster's children might make an appearance. There might a sailing ship from England and her children could arrive on it looking for her. The children would be around Charlie and Danny age by then.

Maggie Foster assumed that her children were dead. That may not be the case.

8. Star Wolf

You forgot to add they are royalty as a new monarchy has taken over in Europe. :vulcan: So we have a fascist Marine in Monrovia, Texas, Californian hedonist and the young princess coming to avenge mum.

9. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would feinitely be a storyline to follow-up if they wish...i suspect that might be season 2.

I think they might instead show Aaron's wife...and a child he didn't know she had. So he's going to have to deal with being the dad of a teenager. (I'm also predicting that she does NOT hook up with the warrior guy they walked with -- though they will make it seem that way in the beginning).

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Something about the way Miles and Rachel looked at each other makes me think that at one time they were romantically involved. I wouldn't be surprised if charlie is really Miles' daughter.

11. st.barthgirl

st.barthgirl Lieutenant Red Shirt

i'm Half watching this show... i want to like it, but giancarlo esposito is the only thing that really lights up the screen for me. {sort of Listening while i switch between tabs...}

Maybe if i understood the science...

Would anyone here know if there is a discussion of the Pendants/electric field blocking thingy in this thread, before i sift through? Thanks ...

12. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Now that is genuine humor right there.

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

General consensus in this thread: pure magic.

14. st.barthgirl

thanks.... i sort of thought as much, which is disappointing...

However, i did happen upon a DOOZY when i was searching online to try and find out if i could make sense of it. The following, Sadly & Hilariously, is NOT meant to be a Joke. Really. The Inventor is serious, and Peddling these things in the Real World. Crikey!

Want a good laugh? then read on:
    :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

What are the Quantum Vortex Energy Power Pendants?

[LEFT]The Quantum Vortex Energy Power Pendants contain a revolutionary new technology that has a direct effect on the physiological, emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of a human being. All of the pendants provide measurable protection for harmful cell phone, television, wireless, microwave, radio , scalar, electrical and computer EMF’s, which threaten to disrupt our bodies natural biological processes and impact our very own well being. In addition each pendant has its very own special unique energies, functions and properties that no other pendant has. We urge you to take a look at all of the pendants! The Pendants are 100% water proof! 100% damage proof from dropping on any hard surface![/LEFT]
    How do the Quantum Vortex Power Pendants Work?

[LEFT]The Pendants are made from a special Holographic Polymer. The Pendants establish a direct inter-dimensional link or gateway to the 8th dimension, this energy that comes through, completely envelopes your aura and immediately modifies the flow, intensity and quality of the universal life force that nourishes your entire being. The pendants do not contain any magnets, microchips or miniature batteries. The Pendants are powered by our exclusive “Quantum Nano Vortex Technology”. When wearing any of the pendants, the flow of atoms in your body will immediately be re-arranged to resonate or vibrate at a particular energetic field, level of consciousness or dimension from which the particular pendant you are wearing is resonating at via a “Holographic Quantum Vortex”. This will have immediate effects on many subtle energetic levels within your whole being, as well as expanding the amount and quality of pure positive life force that moves through you and becomes a part of your entire reality.[/LEFT]
    What is a Quantum Vortex?

[LEFT]A Worm Hole is a link or gateway between two different points within the same dimension. A Quantum Vortex is a link or gateway between two different dimensions. Is it safe to wear more than one pendant at the same time? Yes wearing more than one pendant may give you added benefits!

:drool::drool::drool:

OR, if that doesn't getcha, try the Advanced Quantum Matrix Manipulation Plate!

This is a device, that through advanced mathematical quantum algorythms and Quantum Nano Vortex Technology, literally becomes an interface for ones thoughts / imagination and desires to be instantly entered into the true zero point field of ether / imagination that brings forth this time space continuum reality grid matrix....
    [/LEFT]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  15. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Meh, You're hard on the show when it comes to this kind of stuff. Me not so much.

In Trek when Data or Belana Torres would sound off techno babble like:

Did you think 'magic,' as well?

16. Mister Fandango

The producers themselves said it's completely plausible, and that they allegedly have "scientists" verifying that claim.

17. DarthTom

Well they are morons just like the idiots on this website who think they may be one day using "warp" technology in their star ship to travel FTL.

18. st.barthgirl

Ouch. That Smarts. going to get an icepack, now...

19. Mister Fandango

20. DarthTom

I'm trying to be king of tongue and cheek sarcastic about Trek v. Revolution. I guess my more serious point is that a lot of fans of ST claim that many of the concepts in Trek are loosely or even directly are based on science but yet criticize other TV shows that attempt to do the same but fail as miserably often as Trek did when it comes to real science.

I can just as easily suspend my disbelief with the magical pendants that block electrical power as I can with the magical crystals known as dilithium that make stars ships go FTL.