My Trek Through Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Spock/Uhura Fan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

I've had a look and it appears to not be on youtube :(

18.00 Buy it Now on ebay.

Hulu (which I am assuming is legal as I've seen it mentioned on this BBS before) has it:

http://www.hulu.com/firefly

2. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

What's wrong with Netflix Instant? It's there...

3. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Stratagem
    [​IMG]

So, I wonder if they ever mention why the Xindi thought humans would destroy their world. All information thus far as eluded to the Xindi being the cause of their own demise with humans having nothing to do with it. They did a great job of tricking Degra into helping them, though.

Maybe it's just me, but I think trying to get rid of the weapon so the Xindi can't use it is fine and all, but shouldn't they also be trying to eliminate and at least understand the reason why the Xindi created the weapon in the first place?

What they are doing, so far, is the equivalent of someone believes you are going to kill them, and so they shoot you. You find out that they are going to shoot you, so you try to make sure they don't have the gun (or weapon) they intend to use to do the job. But, this doesn't eliminate their belief that you are going to kill them, so won't they just keep trying, either by knife or their bare hands, etc.? If you could go back and eliminate the reason why (real or fake) they think you're going to kill them, then nobody's trying to harm anybody and you can cautiously move along, right? At least that's what I'm thinking, but maybe I missed something...

Grade: C minus
    ----------------

Harbinger
    [​IMG]

So, now we get to see that T'Pol is in love with Trip too because of her jealousy. And things move along from there. :) Malcolm really doesn't like Hayes, but at least they were able to work things out. I think this happened, unspoken, before Archer berated them. And it looks like the crew's visitor has something up his sleeve or is a part of something to put into play after the Earth/Xindi war.

Grade: B

4. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

Meh.

5. teacake

I just assumed that's where jespah was. I can't watch it either :lol:

6. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea

Double meh. :( I'm sure I can lay my hands on a FF boxset though.

Proving Ground: loved seeing Shran and Talas, even if the plot seemed a tad forced :) Agree on Chosen Realm and Harbinger reviews/ratings. Thought Strategem had the potential to be another Duet/Waltz, but never quite reached those heights. But Oglesby is a damn fine actor.

7. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

I'm an Amurrickun.

Thx for the Hulu link - I had totally forgotten 'bout 'em.

8. Gaith

IIRC, the Xindi thought the humans would be coming to wipe them out as a species, not as a world (pretty much as the Xindi went after humans even after blowing up Earth in "E2"). Regardless, Season Three works best if you don't think about continuity beyond the most basic strokes. I skipped "Harbinger" and was later confused as to where they'd gotten the corpse from, but ultimately, I didn't really care. :p

9. Spock/Uhura Fan

I wasn't asking for spoilers. Thanks anyway, though.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yes, you will get an answer why they believe the Earthlings are a threat

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

^Thank you so much. :)

12. teacake

I've discovered in my Stargate review thread you should never say "I wonder why.." because someone will tell you :lol:

13. Spock/Uhura Fan

^ I'll keep that in mind, lol.
    ---------------------------

Doctor's Orders
    [​IMG]

Different writers for this series is apparent. Trip says he wouldn't even let Phlox into the engine room without 4 years of training under his belt, normally, but just a few episodes ago, a previously unknown group of people were able to take over the ship because they were allowed everywhere, including the engine room. This wasn't the first time something like this has happened either. Well, FWIW, I like the more security conscious Trip better.

Grade: C plus
    ---------------

Hatchery
    [​IMG]

I'm going to guess that the neurotoxin that Archer was sprayed with did more than just mild damage temporarily. He's acting like the eggs of the Insectoids are his children. I think Dr. Phlox needs to step in with a medical assessment. There goes; that's the case. Okay, so I said I would do this, and even though I know he's "compromised," I will. Archer gives one of his speeches to T'Pol, saying that he doesn't know about Vulcans, but humans don't throw morals to the side when things get tough: Ahem, Cogenitor. :vulcan:

It's nice to see Malcolm and Hayes getting along a bit better, but then finally the mutiny that arguably should have happened a while back, lol. As nice as Hayes and his team are, it just goes to show that the real crew of the Enterprise knows best, and they know their captain best to know when he's most unfit to lead.

Grade: B minus

14. Gaith

"Hatchery": Trek riffs on Aliens, to pretty awesome results. :)

I was actually suprised by the twist in "Doctor's Orders", possibly because I was so shocked at Phlox shooting at Porthos. :p

15. Spock/Uhura Fan

I liked the twist in Doctor's Orders too, and it was nice that he was able to do that for himself. It also answered some questions for me. :) Didn't know that Aliens was the inspiration for Hatchery. Interesting.

16. lurok

I like Doctors Orders but it had a horrible feeling of deja vu (deja vu?) for VOY fans.
    I like Doctors Orders but it had a horrible feeling of deja vu (deja vu?) for VOY fans.

I always found Hatchery a bit strange. Maybe because it was yet another 'Archer-goes-off-the-rails' ep. Without trying to spoiler it's surprising it's never mentioned again either.

17. Spock/Uhura Fan

I guess it's inevitable that a little bit of copying might have happened by then. By the time Ent started, there were hundreds of Trek episodes. I hope to remember you mentioned this when I do a watch of Voyager. I've only seen a handful of episodes of that series, and the only one I remember had Janeway and Chakotay crashed on a planet where they live together for a while. And I just remember that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azati Prime
    [​IMG]

It's nice to finally have the big question of why do the Xindi see the humans as a threat answered. I'm so happy that Daniels finally says what I've been thinking, that the solution to the problem is not just to go after the weapon, but to go after the Xindi's cause for building it. I just wish Archer and co. had come upon this conclusion themselves.

Grade: B plus
    --------------

Damage
    [​IMG]

Is that Damar? :) Oh, this is too bad. Archer is going to rob that newly met species of their only warp coil. He's now become one of the looters he fought off in the first 2 seasons. At least T'Pol is standing up and saying something this time around, kind of. I could understand Archer using it if he promised to give it back after finding a coil later on, after the current emergency passed. That would be better, and I think the other captain might have agreed to that with something left behind as collateral.

Oh, now T'Pol's a trellium addict. That's too bad.

Grade: C minus

18. Spock/Uhura Fan

The Forgotten
    [​IMG]

This was a nice episode. It dealt with a lot of things. Trip finally and truly mourns his sister, T'Pol deals with her emotions, Degra and Archer become allies, and Malcolm gives 110%. It's so nice to know that none of the fallen will be forgotten. :)

Grade: B

19. teacake

I love Degra.

And.. is this a run of B's I see?

20. lurok

Ditto Degra and the actor who played him:) I always thought Azati Prime was where the writers really got it to gel (and the standout ep of the season) and it's a pretty solid run after this to finale and into S4 (with a few minor hiccups ;)).