Smallville#8-21 "Injustice" -Discuss/Grade <Spoilers>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, May 7, 2009.

?

Grade "Injustice"

1. SUPERMAN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Above Average

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. CLARK KENT

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Below Average

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. BIZARRO

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I heard it was renewed for 2 more seasons.

2. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw Star Trek and loved it.

Hopefully, the CW will put Injustice up this week. They are slow as balls when it comes to this.

3. Apophis

Apophis Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, I *think* he's the scientist Chloe has been talking to about Davis. But I am not sure. I think my TVs set wrong, because the damn episode was so dark I couldn't really tell what was going on half the time.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

5. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Just finished watching. Cool to see DC's Livewire and Parasite show up on Smallville. And at the end, Kandor is mentioned, and it seems to play a big part in what's going on.

The preview for next week's show looks awesome. :cool:

6. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

I really hope we get more of him next season. Lots more! :D

Good call.

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

anybody know who Tess could have been inhabited by at the end? Eradicator possibly, but Smallville style? Or unless Kara's back, just not Laura Vendervoort as her.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was a pretty decent episode, I may have to start tuning into just the beginning and ending of each season.;)

Definitely curious what's up with Tess at the end there.

Green Arrow and his kryptonite ring has firmly cemented his place as the Batman of this universe. Loved the Tess "seduction" scenes.:lol:

The Chloe thing had me scratching my head but like an idiot I didn't see it coming. I'll blame it on being really drawn into the story.

I have to give kudos to Tom Welling directing on this one, he got some good performances and I thought it had a really slick look, maybe one or two too many tracking shots but it did stand out.

I noticed Clark's clothing was quite dark in this one, no red and blue, a sign of things to come?

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

you just figured that out now? lol I caught on as early as season 2.

10. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I couldn't understand what was said at the end of the episode b/w Tess and the energy thingy. The sound was waaaay oversaturate! Can somebody enlighten me?

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was the shape changer girl from back seaosn one and two who was in the class, then spent half of her run ono True Blood Topless and is now quite amusing in Party Down... I'm sure she has a name, but she's also got a job keeping her busy .

Plastique is a supervillian who made her rounds some years back and even joined the suiside squad for some time and I think she was boffing Captina Atom for a time. :)

I would kill to see Captain Atom opn this show, but then I thought that Booster Gold HAD to turn up on Lois and Clark some day because it was silly to ignore the coolness of such a suposition.

Melocheese.

Green Arow half naked calendar for charity anyone?

12. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Orb Thingy: "Is Kal-El ready to fulfill the prophecy?"
    Tess: "I did as you asked, the crystal has been destroyed."
    Orb Thingy: "Then you shall be the saviour of Kandor."

And yeah, I had to rewind it and turn up the volume to get that, I couldn't make it out the first time round either.

13. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Isn't supergirl from Kandor? maybe Tess is gonna be supergirl, heh

14. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Y'know, despite my thread calling for Clark to be killed fighting Doomsday in the finale, I actually liked the idea of splitting him in two - sending the monster aspect of him to the PZ, and keeping Davis around as a normal Human. That leaves the door open (off-screen continuity-wise) for Doomsday to escape the Zone in the future when Clark has become Superman, and fight him then as the beast we know from the comics.

Still, it would be very cool if Clark did die fighting Doomsday next week. It's obvious he'd be resurrected in the first 10 minutes of 9x01, but it would make one hell of a S8 finale.

15. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Hmm do we get the old fake out next week. Clark dies but not really he is just sucked into Kandor. When he comes back next season he has a new crystal he borrowed to rebuild the fortress and he promises to help restore Kandor to full size.

I thought the direction on this ep was very solid as well.

16. Mr. Adventure

I know, but I feel the need to reiterate it once in a while.:cool:

17. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

I was surprised (and impressed) that Welling was in so many scenes, since he was also directing. Clark has been reduced in screen time somewhat the last few episodes, so I figured he'd be in even less, but nope!

Welling did a nice job. The performances seemed somewhat less standard and a little deeper. (Of course there was much more story going on as well).

I love how all the people who have been telling Clark to "stand up" are looking more and more like selfish and unrealistic idiots as the season progresses. (Oliver and Tess especially look more and more shallow about it.)

Clark has his own timetable and instead of looking like he's reticent (as some have claimed), he looks more and more like he has a long-range plan. And his arguments are finally getting through to his would-be cheerleaders.

Good episode as the set-up for the season finale.

--Ted

18. Mr. Adventure

^^ I liked the implication that *everyone* has been lying and has an agenda to some degree.

19. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

peer pressure is a bitch...

20. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: