Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

Fair enough... and I need to correct part of what I said above. The secondary audio on the Next Level sampler was DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0, not Dolby Digital 2.0.

2. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I really hate when studios use DTS-HD Master Audio for a 2.0 track (whether it's stereo or surround) because it always gives a weird audio when it gets processed for surround. (If you're familiar with Shout Factory's Volume 2 release for the animated series "COPS" from the 80's then you've probably seen the episode 'Mace's Romance' and how the mono audio was not mixed properly, so when it was played through surround systems, instead of the audio coming through the center speaker, everything was very echoey and was coming out of all the speakers. )

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ I don't know if it's the same, but the DVD for Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (movie) had the most awful sounding audio I ever heard, no matter what audio channel I tried.

Way too much sound effects & hardly any dialogue.

4. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Where are you posting from?

I am in the UK and Amazon had a notice up for several weeks telling us there was a fault on the discs and they were awaiting replacements. That notice has now been taken down, and people are reporting having received the corrected discs. So I assume the replacements have arrived. I have put my order in but it will be a couple of weeks before they arrive. If they're the faulty discs (which I very much doubt) they'll be getting returned.

5. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thats helpful info, thank you. I'm in the US but also use amazon so its probably the same. Oh well worst case scenario I gotta jump through hoops. Let us know if you receive he

6. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

7. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. MiKE42

MiKE42 Ensign Red Shirt

Hi all!

Well Amazon UK certainly looked after me!
    My new set of the corrected Season One arrived
    Yesterday via express post from the UK.
    ( no charge)
    (i'm in Australia)

Helpfully, both the outer packaging and
    each disc features a little Starfleet insignia,
    making it easy to tell this set apart from
    the faulty version!

Dunno why Amazon US can't offer the same
    service? I have a faulty US set too...

Ahhh well, off to watch some HD TNG!

Cheers!

9. picard_2305

picard_2305 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I am having to chase up play.com in regards to my replacement, got the email saying I will be getting a replacement but no word yet. I called their number and guy I was talking to has emailed head office, will give it a few days to await a reply.

10. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anyone on the East Coast of the US get the replacement discs from deluxe yet? I am hoping mine come in the mail today!!

11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Northern Kentucky here and I got my replacement discs on Saturday.

12. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

Miami and nothing yet...:drool:

13. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got mine in Boston on Saturday, as well.

14. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Nothing here in Eastern Canada. I called Deluxe 2 days after they started shipping and the girl on the phone said that I wasn't showing up on their system, and that it must have meant my discs had shipped. I said I wasn't really comfortable with that answer, but that didn't seem to inspire her to re-enter my information. I know that they could potentially purge the info once an item is shipped, but there should at least be some trace of the shipment in their system. I generally find if there is no trace of something, then it was likely never there to begin with. Thinking I'll be calling them tonight.

15. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nothing here in Michigan yet.

16. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For some unknown reason Amazon UK has taken the Blu Ray set off the shelves again.

17. Timo47

Timo47 Commander Red Shirt

Must have been temporary because I just looked and it's in stock.

18. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Still have not received my replacement discs. If i dont get them in a couple of days I guess I will have to call them and make sure they still have my info.

19. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yay, I got my new box set today.

20. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just had a less than satisfactory phone conversation with Deluxe. I called to inquire about the status of my replacements and she seemed less than interested. She was very soft spoken and yawned a few times during the conversation. The lady didn't even want to look me up in the system. She stated they've just started shipping a week ago and are still processing shipments. She reluctantly looked me up in the system and didn't find me. Her response was the emails are still being processed into the system and that if I don't have them in a month I should "maybe call back then."

I've been pretty understanding with the lack of communication, but her lack of interest and reluctance to help was somewhat irritating. I figure I'll call back in a few days and have them enter me into the system again.

Hopefully this information is useful for some of you that haven't received your replacements when ordered via email.