Sanctuary... No love in the forums?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by CompCarp, Jul 2, 2010.

1. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's fun and I enjoy the way I enjoy Lost World or Relic Hunter, I don't need it to be perfect.

I enjoyed the first season a bit better, it had it's own style and a subtle creepyness. I found the second season focused a little too much on gun fights for the sake of gun fights. I can see car chases on any show.

I don't miss Ash, I found her pretty one-dimensional, although John had kind of pointed that out so sort of intentional. I like Kate better, she has an actual personality and likes and dislikes. I miss John. I find Nicola a hoot.

Mediocre CGI and lots of stock footage bought off the internet (or made from clip art) it's a low budget production that is just a bit of fun. It has good and bad episodes just like Trek.

2. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I thought it showed a lot more promise when it was a web series, Would have loved to have seen more of David Hewlett character. But when it got picked up by scifi it seemed to lose something.
    I think I was expecting something a little darker.

3. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This I'll agree with. The Web series was just better. They changed too much, probably in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience.

4. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I've enjoyed the show, but when is it back? These weird Syfy breaks throw me off.

5. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Am I the only one who wanted Druitt & Tesla to become major characters?

I love it when they mix literary history with real life ala League of Extraordinary Gentleman, but they keep backing down from taking that one extra step.

I think I'll keep watching the new season, but unless they can give me better plots than, we've got the save this creature because it'll die otherwise, or it'll kill otherwise, or it'll be destroyed, or it'll destroy everything... I don't think I'll be coming back again after this year.

Of course I say that, and yet I still plan on watching Smallville next season.

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tesla to some extent, but definitely Druitt. I think they need to get him back more:)

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Agreed.

8. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

For me its becoming one of the shows I will not always watch straight away, I'll save it for when I have nothing to do at the weekend.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Tesla and Druitt are both excellent characters. Based on the events of last Season, I suspect we'll be seeing more of them this year.

10. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    I was never an Amanda Tapping fan, so she doesn't excite me by being in the show. The show just isn't very exciting. I don't hate it, but I just don't care enough to watch it.

11. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    I concur wholeheartedly. Maybe I do hate the show. Yeah, I'm leaning that way.