Logos, logos and some more logos...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Reverend, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Re: "And I'm Just The Jackass Too Do It"...

The starfleet rangers what-now?

2. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

^It's the new Star Trek series featuring Chuck Norris.

3. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the Roundhouse Kick beams totally demolished the credibility of the Borg.

4. friedebarth

friedebarth Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Absolutely amazing stuff!

What would you think the Section 31 logo looks like - if they have one?

5. K'riq Sa

K'riq Sa Commodore

And Pam Anderson as the Evil Genius "T-Boob"... :guffaw:

reducingly,

K'riq Sa
    Minister of the Church of Wonton Physics

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I suspect that, due to the sheer nature of who Section 31 are, there would be no such logos, the existence of which would validate the existence of the organization.

7. K'riq Sa

K'riq Sa Commodore

Are you sure I swear I have seen a Section 31 patch floating around this board. Maybe a Jose job...

K'riq

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm sure some fan has done one, but that doesn't mean it makes any sense for a secret counter intelligence organisation to have their own logo. It's just silly.
    I'd put any such request for such a design in the same tray as "Starfleet Marines Special Tactical Anti Borg Assault Corps". I'm not even kidding, someone e-mailed me once asking to design a logo for THAT. :rolleyes:
    ..admittedly if they paid a commission fee I'd do it and just deal with feeling dirty later, but they wanted it for free, so I deleted them.

9. ThomastheCat

ThomastheCat Captain Captain

10. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now there's an inevitability. :-)

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

That looks like a bunch of USAF black projects, not exactly the same thing as an organisation that doesn't officially exist. Section 31 seams like it's supposed to be more along the lines of an illuminati type of organisation meets (the fictional) MI7. Or if you like the Impossible Mission force meets the Gestapo.

12. K'riq Sa

K'riq Sa Commodore

Hey.... Just because they not real doesn't make them fictional!

obliquely,

K'riq Sa
    Minister of the Church of Stinkin Badges

13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I was referring to the fact that there WAS a real MI7 during the war, but it's wasn't the same ultra secret agency that gets mentioned in the bond films, that's just pure fiction.

14. K'riq Sa

K'riq Sa Commodore

Yeah, that's what they want you to think.....

K'riq

15. JoeRalat

JoeRalat Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have to say, that I do not find it silly, Both the Obsidian Order and the Tal Shiar have logos. On top of that, you have an agent (For Section 31) telling DR. Bashir all about the organization, now come on it is a damn tv show. The reason why we have the logos on the show, is to have something that the audience can recognize in a sec. Hell the borg have a logo..why would the Borg need a logo?

Now..to have it work for the show, you can say that the logo is used to identify real section 31 docs. Only members of section31 would know what the logo looks like, and it would help identify the doc as the real thing. Now we all know that section 31 is a bad organization, but the people in it do not. So for them the logo could be a symbol of the good, they think that they are doing...etc..etc

Now for me I did it for fun, I wanted to see how I can use a logo (The Delta) and turn that symbol of good into something evil that fits the look of past federation logos.

Oh and ThomastheCat thanks for pointing that book out.. :techman:

Here is one of the 4 or 5 logos mockups that I did. You can find the rest over at my own thread.
    [​IMG]

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well the Obsidian Order and the Tal Shiar may have been covert organisations, but they weren't secret organisations. There's a difference. For one thing half of their power was through intimidation. As for the Borg, well in theory they were just one race at some point in their development, so they had to start somewhere. Same reason they have a written language of their own I imagine, or a name for that matter.

Getting back to S31 though, I think it was quite plainly staed on the show that aside for some obscure passage in the starfleet charter, there were no physical documents on Section-31, computer or otherwise. So there's really no need for a logo. In fact signing your work is a excellent way to cease to be secret and I seriously doubt an agent's self esteem and moral would be affected by having his own Section 31 letter headed note paper. I mean really? That's just really dumb.

Artwork is fine though. ;)

17. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

..anyway, more Babylon 5!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

And a few more...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Managed to get my hands on some more accurate reference material, so I've gone back and redone a few...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ...corrected a few mislabellings and misspellings.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ...and done a few new ones.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

The Tal'Shiar and the Obsidian Order are WELL known, and also well feared, by the people on both worlds... they are not a secret. They are like the Nazi SS or the KGB. Section 31, on the other hand IS meant to be a secret, as its existence violates pretty much the essence of what the UFP and Starfleet stand for, and considering how also, there already IS a "Starfleet intelligence" division.

Reverend, I LOVE the Starfury Thunderbolt logo... nice work.