This Forum Ten Years Ago

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Shatna, Jun 25, 2013.

1. DeepSpaceWine

DeepSpaceWine Commander Red Shirt

It actually seems more hated than loved, or maybe it has equal amounts of lovers and haters, but the hate in the haters is more intense than the love in its fans.

Anyway, Garrett Wang vs. an evil pinata. I saw that movie. Yes it was worse than "Favorite Son" or "Threshold" :lol: , though those episodes aren't as horrible as people make it out to be. Maybe those people are allergic to cheese?

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Though in terms on number of threads it comes in 4th behind

TOS
    DSN
    TNG

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's because all our threads are really the same thread because we are not bound by the rigid thread decorum that so stifles other forums.

You know how I periodically go on and on about how I want Janeway and Kirk to be lovers? Well yesterday I saw this man and I kept thinking how there's similarities of style in the way they talk (Mulgrew being a larger than life version of some of Janeway's characteristics) and that TIME TRAVEL WAS NEEDED. At some point. For someone.

[​IMG]

4. Leith Jones

Leith Jones Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. This brings back memories. Remember when Batboy was watching and critiquing Voyager episodes? Poor guy started with Threshhold and freaked out.

We had more than our share of trolls, fans, and good times. And I was ten whole years younger (eep!).

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well to be fair "Threshold" is exactly Trek at it's best.

6. teacake

I think it's hilarious and the speculation over their abandoned babies makes me happy. The way it is just a bog standard Trek story right up until it morphs into an insanely camp farce is great.

7. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Voyager is not equally loved and hated.

it's equally hated and apologized for.

8. teacake

Voyager has a huge huge fan following outside of this forum. It's easy to get rather myopic about how well certain parts of Trek are received by reading here.

9. DeepSpaceWine

DeepSpaceWine Commander Red Shirt

Well... that's a very objective viewpoint. :lol:

10. teacake

To continue my point about the myopic view of fandom's opinions just reading this forum gives you..

Yesterday I saw William Shatner (yes this is the second time I've mentioned this, yes I am insanely happy about it) and one of the first people to ask him a question said..

"Mr. Shatner first of all I want to welcome you to Melbourne blah blah blah blah [they always crap on] and I want to tell you that Star Trek V is my favorite Star Trek movie.."

And roaring through my head it was as if millions of bbs posters suddenly cried out..

It's always funny to talk Trek away from this place.

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I wasn't here then, but I do think some compilations from internet histories is great. Folks like Dixon Nibbles and others--some of their "best ofs" should be put together.

12. Katherine

Katherine Commodore Commodore

Awwww... what a great idea to go back in time for 10 years.
    During that time, I was an active member of our Voyager forum and it was fun, fun, fun!
    Nowadays I'm still here from time to time, however just lurking, mostly.

This forum still rocks!!!

13. !LuvKJ

!LuvKJ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Old School. Although, I do miss the Pre vBulletin days with the black and blue layout circa 2002-2003. Lot of fun arguments in those days when VOY was still on the air. Seeing KM in "Orange is the New Black" reminds of how long it has been since then.

14. Halmirdax

Halmirdax Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow, love the grey look. Some amusing thread titles.

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh wow, thanks! Before my time, but I'm having a blast looking through all the forums and topics. And they had a Sexy Janeway thread back then, too!:D